Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket World Cup Final: ENGLAND v New Zealand *** Official Match Thread ***

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Time for a Bounce, less than 12 hours to go.

I shouldn't be so nervous as we are clearly the best team in the Tournament but this is England we are talking about....
We support Brighton, we support England. The propensity for both to clutch defeat from the jaws of victory is something you get accustomed to over the decades.

But surely this time. Surely.....

Come on England, please, just do it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I fell asleep watching the telly box which means I am no longer in sleepy mode, which means I'll go to bed late, which means I have my alarm set for 9.30am and I'll be tired and probably fall asleep at the bbq watching this. Aren't I the life and soul of the party!

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
It doesn't get any better than this (except for the Albion beating Palace), up all night to watch the game with my cricket mad son.
Just hope NZ can make a game of it against England's formidable batting line up.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
first ball bowled 5.30 p.m ......will mosey on up to the local to cheer the boys on , ticket only event 350 sell out , English boozer , dj before and after ....could be a huge night and a sore head tomorrow......:clap:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And so it begins on Sky/Channel 4, will watch & listen until TMS arrives then mute the TV...

Off to do my chores then clear the decks for what could be a long day...… we never usually make it easy for ourselves despite how we look on paper.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Tried so hard to get a final ticket but ended in failure. So frustrating after going to six group matches and knowing so many tickets are in the hands on supporters whose teams did not make the final but are going anyway. The ICC messed up by selling tickets before the teams were known. It could easily have done it with etickets.

Anyway, come on THE BLACKCAPS!! :clap::clap::clap:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Where is the GAME today ? I'm AVAILABLE. Has Eoin got 11 ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lost the toss.
New Zealand bat first.

Ladbrokes or the money suggesting that doesn't matter. England have gone from 1/3 to 2/7.
So the money is suggesting the Kiwis chose wrong

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Morgan not disappointed. :thumbsup:
Wouldn't it be beneficial for him to say he's surprised they're batting, we'd actually have chosen to bowl first? It certainly wouldn't seem like a good idea to say it's bad news and makes things harder for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here