Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket World Cup Final: ENGLAND v New Zealand *** Official Match Thread ***

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Without sounding bitter, surely New Zealand won by two wickets? Following it on my phone I logically thought that would be the outcome. But hey, it's just a sport and was very exciting. Tremendous run for my money.

Well done to England for holding their nerve in the super over.

It does seem odd that they rolled back to boundaries. As the super over was tied, just play another super over!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So who'll be buying one of these shirts in the very near future?

london-uk-2-august-2018-jofra-archer-celebrates-getting-a-hat-trick-for-sussex-sharks-against-mi.jpg

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
My God, the stones on Jofra Archer to bowl the super over!
Wait until the Australians discover he's an even better red ball bowler.

Sadly, don't think we'll see anything of him in Sussex colours this season, and he's sorely missed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Without sounding bitter, surely New Zealand won by two wickets? Following it on my phone I logically thought that would be the outcome.

Yes, that would be quite a logical way to do it, I suppose - but then again, it would be a bit like deciding football cup matches on most corners rather than having penalties.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I love that the England players’ kids were running around Lord’s outfield like it was Lewes Priory or Ditchling and their dads were just in the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
England World Cup Final wins; extra time after Russian Linesman, drop kick in last minute, golden over after fluke overthrows. Someone needs to tell Southgate that if we ever get to a final we need to draw after 90 minutes and then aim long shots at Harry Kane’s backside

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Without sounding bitter, surely New Zealand won by two wickets? Following it on my phone I logically thought that would be the outcome. But hey, it's just a sport and was very exciting. Tremendous run for my money.

Well done to England for holding their nerve in the super over.

If the rules were different the two run outs at the end may not have happened though

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What about the moment when Trent Boult caught Stokes on the boundary but trod on the rope? He bats that back to his teammate half a second earlier they win the World Cup. The Ross Taylor and Jason Roy lbw decisions too. England had the luck today but I think English sport deserved it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Astounding day of cricket. Thankfully available to watch for free. Shame the Ashes won’t be.

Also this. Without opening up other debates the idea that women’s football is free on the BBC and CWC and The Ashes isn’t is the wrong way round. At least the final was free on terrestrial. My son was riveted and now wants to play

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Wow a sport ' I was there' moment, only I was not....i was at home watching the goggle box, how exciting was THAT!:bowdown:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
You did. Is that you [MENTION=659]fleet[/MENTION]?

Was in the Tavern stand away from me, but quite a few singing it with “going up to win the cup” words. When Archer has his first over

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think the big world cup question is, has anyone had Pepe's chicken rice?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In my total ignorance, I actually thought that we'd lost when they took our 10th wicket with that runout. I didn't even know "super overs" existed. Never seen it.

That was probably the greatest sporting theatre I have ever seen. Utterly incredible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here