Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket World Cup Final: ENGLAND v New Zealand *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
♪♫ Can we play you every week? ♪♫

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Dame Kiri Te Kanawa...

...errrrr

...your boys took one hell of a beating. :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
That Stokes deflection.... it was in the lap of the gods.

Such a shame that luck played a huge part. Much like the tennis, both deserved to win.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How does the super over work as I didnt watch it as I didnt know that it existed and switched over to warch the end of the tennis. I assumed NZ had won by losing less wickets to get their score.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Absolutely heartbroken. As a half New Zealander that was the bitterest of pills. Well done England, cricket, what a game it is.

New Zealand were superb. It is sad someone had to lose. It's not often you see two sides so evenly matched on the day.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
The most unbelievable and brilliant thing I’ve ever seen in sport. At no point before or during this World Cup did I think we would win it. I didn’t think we had the mentality. I didn’t even think we were much of a contender. Even today there was no point where I believed. But when the pressure was at its most intense we actually delivered, both in the last couple of overs of the normal match and the super over. Thank god the key moments fell to two of our biggest talents and two of our strongest minds. Ben Stokes and Jofra Archer, no matter where your careers take you, you are English cricket legends :bowdown:

I usually find myself agreeing with your posts, but today you gave up way too soon! You weren't the only one to be fair.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How does the super over work as I didnt watch it as I didnt know that it existed and switched over to warch the end of the tennis. I assumed NZ had won by losing less wickets to get their score.

Google it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Absolutely heartbroken. As a half New Zealander that was the bitterest of pills. Well done England, cricket, what a game it is.

Willow your country are an absolute pride to you, it was close, it could have gone either way, but feel proud mate.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Ian Smith said on commentary - in 300 years of cricket that was the greatest game of cricket. Difficult to argue with that.

That was just nuts. Utterly crazy and utterly brilliant. Never mind cricket, that was just a sporting contest like no other.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here