Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket World Cup Final: ENGLAND v New Zealand *** Official Match Thread ***

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Guptill looks like he may have found the right bat finally

Edit, out LBW

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Can we stop playing Finals at Lord's? Don't seem to be able to suss the slope and they are getting the lengths wrong as well.

EDIT: I'm claiming that one..:wink:

Seriously it was pitched up and used the slope as well.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Guptill has been to the Jonny Bairstow school of LBW reviews. What the **** was that? Half way up middle.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know you're only joking.
Indeed.
But seriously... VAR works great in tennis and cricket, and to some extent Rugby. It will be always take something away from football for me though, regardless of how much they manage to improve the current process.
But why? How come we're allowed to celebrate wickets, even though they might be reviewed and overturned, but we can (apparently) no longer celebrate goals for the same reason?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Are these reviews shown on the big screen at the ground? Sounds like the reviewer is reading each step of the process out over the PA for the crowd to hear too. All worked really well I thought.

As it seems we're stuck with the shambles that is VAR in football. Can't we do VAR this way? , keeping the crowd informed at every step of the way and with minimal delay?

Hasn’t ruined the game at all in cricket - it’s quickly become part of it. Being able to watch the big screen and hear the TV Ump walking through the process is good too. Only having one review (if you get it wrong) stops it being used frivolously. It’s so far ahead of how football are trying to deploy it.

That was a pisspoor review from Gupthill - although it was missing leg and off stump though I suppose [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Guptill has been to the Jonny Bairstow school of LBW reviews. What the **** was that? Half way up middle.
Also Nicholls' job to say no.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes, what we see on TV is shown to the crowd, too. Adds to the drama for sure.

Good stuff. Tennis and cricket much better experiences for all then as a result of VAR.

Such a shame us football fans are having our game spoilt by it. What's right for some sports certainly isn't right for all.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Sussex by the sea being played on the old trumpet in the crowd.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Joffra making NZ work hard

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sitting here in 101F Dubai heat watching the live stream.

Just heard GOSBTS on the trumpet.

Lovely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here