Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Cricket World Cup Final: ENGLAND v New Zealand *** Official Match Thread ***

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Ridiculous, spineless batting from Root and England. Have they not learnt anything from this WC so far? We are only brilliant when we swing the bat at everything and go for it. What’s all this leaving it and nudging it around for singles? Get the **** on with it, try and win it inside 40 overs and we probably will. I know it’s a tricky pitch but the facts show we won’t chase anything successfully at a slow rate. At least our best player in terms of talent and balls is in there now. It rests on you, Ben.

Let’s hope he delivers a knockout blow...

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Still have Butler to come. Yeah the strategy of test match batting is not working. Just go for your shots, that's what got the team to the final in the first place.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Harsh to judge him on one over. Hopefully he’ll start hitting some shots soon because nobody else looks like they want to win a World Cup.

I know...and I don't, really, I have high hopes that him and Morgan, and Buttler, will get us over the line.

The way it's going, we'll get there in extras.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Still have Butler to come. Yeah the strategy of test match batting is not working. Just go for your shots, that's what got the team to the final in the first place.

Indeed we don't want to loose at a whimper

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think THIS is the key partnership. Stokes still hasn't got missing the Ashes monkey off his back, while Morgan has spent the last 4 years preparing for this day.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It’s disciplined, there aren’t any freebies. But it’s not blasting any side away. I think ‘brilliant’ is generous.

You don't need to blast sides away when you create pressure and the batsman succumbs and gets themselves out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think we can officially declare that we are ****ED !

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Get the **** on with it, try and win it inside 40 overs and we probably will. I know it’s a tricky pitch but the facts show we won’t chase anything successfully at a slow rate. At least our best player in terms of talent and balls is in there now. It rests on you, Ben.

:facepalm: yes that just worked well didn't it

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure why the win percentages have been so one sided, this is clearly the Kiwis to lose.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Ridiculous, spineless batting from Root and England. Have they not learnt anything from this WC so far? We are only brilliant when we swing the bat at everything and go for it. What’s all this leaving it and nudging it around for singles? Get the **** on with it, try and win it inside 40 overs and we probably will. I know it’s a tricky pitch but the facts show we won’t chase anything successfully at a slow rate. At least our best player in terms of talent and balls is in there now. It rests on you, Ben.

Such an easy thing to write when self evidently it's not that easy on this pitch. And lo and behold as I type this we attempt a big hit and get out.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
We've lost this.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Traditional England collapse then. Why didn't I put a tenner on New Zealand when they were 25-1 at the start of the Tournament?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its a disgrace that the colonies can win World Cups, while the mother country bottle it again.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Oh yeah just hit it England you'll get there....

No, the best teams need different ways to win you idiots. If we win here it'll be winning slowly and ugly. Let's see if we have it in us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here