Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Can't download Android OS updates on cellular

This is rather frustrating because I don't have access to Wi-Fi but have plenty of mobile data to use. It's as if Android are deciding how and where I should use my own data! Anyway, I've made changes to the settings as per the first screenshot, restarted the device but I'm still getting the same message as per the second screenshot.
Screenshot_20190712-212054.png

Screenshot_20190712-211139.png

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I tried downloading a large app on my iphone over 4g. It told me the limit was 200mb. Maybe that's standard across devices/networks?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It isn't android that is stopping you. Plenty of people myself included, watch or download large files on mobile data with no problems. It may be something that Huawei are imposing with their 'skin' interface as you aren't using the vanilla version of android.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's right, I'm using Nougat - they haven't got up to that flavour yet :)

What symbol indicates that I'm using the treacherous Chinese spy company's hardware?
EMUI is a skin that Huawei use on their phones. It's using Android but with some of their own stuff thrown in. Some manufacturers do that, particularly Samsung and other far eastern companies.

One of the only things I dislike about Android is the abandoning of older models. It's far harder though given the multitude of devices compared to apple's offering. If you are on Nougat, there have already been 2 versions of Android since then and a third is due soon. Nougat debuted in spring 2016 so is almost 3 and a half years old.
Get an iPhone.
Problem solved.
Ridiculous comment especially given the comment above mine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here