Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Recycling collection

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Recycling wasn't collected yesterday (Dyke rd, Withdean area)

Anyone else have the same problem ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
It was the fortnightly recycling collection that didn't turn up yesterday (and the 'green' garden waste). It's only normal rubbish that is weekly and has been for some time.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Recycling has been every two weeks for as long as I can remember.

Normal household rubbish is due to go to every two weeks in September.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Normal household rubbish is due to go to every two weeks in September.

Really ? When was that announced ? I ask as I used to be on a CityClean residents panel and they assured the panel they would never move from weekly collections. That said I don't have an issue with it but they then should collect recycling every week.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
In Worthing they have moved to collecting every other week. Maybe they have done the same in Brighton.

Not due to start until September, but you could be right.

Really ? When was that announced ? I ask as I used to be on a CityClean residents panel and they assured the panel they would never move from weekly collections. That said I don't have an issue with it but they then should collect recycling every week.

I'm in Adur area.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sigh. If only the stupid electorate had voted in HB&B at the elections, then problems like this would no longer be occurring. He’d be out there, “personully colecting evereryone’s reeciycling with my own bear hands as the lokul counselor you can trust”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Sigh. If only the stupid electorate had voted in HB&B at the elections, then problems like this would no longer be occurring. He’d be out there, “personully colecting evereryone’s reeciycling with my own bear hands as the lokul counselor you can trust”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learnt everything he knows from Boris 'lay in front of the diggers' Johnson :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Same here, Withdean area (HB&B country :lol:).

Neither recycling or green waste collected yesterday, and no effort made to catch up today.

Down to unofficial industrial action that’s been brewing from for weeks. As is always the way in Brighton, done for maximum effect in summers (smell, rattus and gulls).

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Our recycling is usually done on a Thursday and they came round this morning at 6am to collect it. The twunts were chucking the boxes with glass in around and causing a right racket.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ours should have been done on Friday and wasn't. They'd better not come round tomorrow at the crack of dawn with their glass smashing ways.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here