Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Godspeed Mum

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Sorry for your loss fella

My old girl is 72, she’s got really old and frail really quick. Took me to my first Albion game when she was 6 months pregnant with me, hooked on the Albion since before I was born.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
My mother, my main reason for supporting the Albion passed away this morning.

10 weeks ago she was walking her two Irish setters twice a day.

Mum stood on a wooden box to see the game at the Goldstone as a child.

Mum I will try to be worthy but you set the bar rather high.

After a very short battle with Leukaemia she decided that if she couldn’t win she wanted to come home. She was 74, was born and raised in Shoreham.

Can I suggest all of you good people just give NSC a brief rest. Ring your mother and tell her you love her.

Enjoy the rest of your summer.

An excellent idea and you have expressed the sentiment beautifully.
Sadly my mother died many many years ago when I was two years old and I never came to know her.....
I hope that if I did I would always hold the same priorities as you.....

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Lost my Mum in March , she left me with so many fantastic memories and never failed to make me smile , like yourself one minute she was here then in the blink of an eye she was gone .

I visited my mum for my usual Sausage egg and chips all cooked in bucket loads of cooking oil then after one fall too many her health deteriorated very quickly and the next week she wasn't here anymore , she was 94 and had a great innings but that doesn't really help , i find myself listening to old voicemails she left me fumbling around on her mobile keypad talking to it saying what waste of money and her time because i'm never on the the end of the call ect ect , i sure do wish she'd ring once more to give me a telling off :)

My Condolences .

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Really sorry to hear of your loss. Lost my lovely MIL this year aged 91, a really sad time for us. My mum is still alive and almost kicking at 88 and, despite my loathing of him, I’ve bought her the new André Rieu Box Set to keep her spirits up.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
So, so sorry to hear this.

My mum was the reason I stated going to the Albion. I can remember her words it like it was yesterday.
One Saturday morning I was bored and lounging around.

"Why don;t you go and watch the Albion Steve? They need every supporter they can get". That was the early nineties. Changed
my life forever.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Lovely words Glawstergull. I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your Mum, she sounds a great character. May she RIP. Remember all the good times as I'm sure there are many and Mum will keep you smiling.

I lost my lovely Mum Lily 32 years ago, she was a Dublin girl. She had a love of the Albion through 4 of her 6 kids and would use the expression "Up the Aller" when we left for a game. In that lovely Irish accent. She would have been 100 next month.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Too late for me.
I lost my mum in 2011, and never a day goes by without me regretting that I didn’t call her more often.
#callyourmum.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
So sorry for your loss, terrible time for you. My wife passed away 8 years ago Thursday much too young ,never a day passes without thinking of her.My mum 87 took her to Rod Stewart yesterday, lunch in the garden when her phone rang and another of her friends had gone. Do you still want to go mum? Yes got to. She was still in the pub back home at midnight. Dreading the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Sorry for your loss. I lost my Mum 1 year ago yesterday.

I agree wholeheartedly with all of your sentiments. Remember her for all of the good times and don't be afraid to talk about her/miss her/laugh to remember the good/funny moments etc as that will help with the difficult times.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Rest In Peace to your mum [MENTION=2186]Glawstergull[/MENTION]

My mum is 94 and still going strong but I’ve just heard that my sister-in-law died this evening aged 70.

My 2 nephews will be in mourning for their mother. Rest In Peace too Shirley:angel:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sorry for your loss, RIP to your dear Mum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here