Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Godspeed Mum

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
My mother, my main reason for supporting the Albion passed away this morning.

10 weeks ago she was walking her two Irish setters twice a day.

Mum stood on a wooden box to see the game at the Goldstone as a child.

Mum I will try to be worthy but you set the bar rather high.

After a very short battle with Leukaemia she decided that if she couldn’t win she wanted to come home. She was 74, was born and raised in Shoreham.

Can I suggest all of you good people just give NSC a brief rest. Ring your mother and tell her you love her.

Enjoy the rest of your summer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So sorry to hear this, I lost my Mum in November, she used to love going to the Albion too. Sincere condolences

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am so sorry about your mum. RIP mum. She and thousands like her who are remembered at the football, are one of the reasons it can be so special.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Commiserations. I can empathise, as I lost my dad a couple of weeks ago, and he was totally instrumental in me being an Albion fan, and liking football at all.

He supported the Albion from the 50s and was part of the record crowd V Fulham.

Sorely missed.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm so sorry for your loss, Glawstergull.

Mums are so special. I can't imagine the pain you're feeling at the moment. There I am feeling sorry for myself in self pity. Time is a healer and she would have been so proud to have you as a son.

God bless and RIP to your mother. ❤

PM if you want a chat mate.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Sorry for you loss. I lost my mum 7 years ago and can honestly say that I miss and think of her every day. I had the honour of arranging her funeral and my father ( they were divorced but remained good friends) who still held a torch for her asked one small thing, that we had professional pall-bearers for her funeral as he didn't want any mishaps with us clumsy kids. Facing forward at the front of the crematorium, we all heard an audible gasp as ( we found out later) one of the chaps tripped and went down on one knee, fair play he still had hold and they got her there in one piece. My mum had a great sense of humour and I could imagine her standing there laughing out loud. This helped put a smile on my face on what was otherwise a very sad day.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here