Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That’s the spirit baffle them with grammar school words ( waiting for the Latin)
At Portslade Comp we would just tell them to F@@k off

Evening matey. Hope all's well in your world :thumbsup:

NorthStandSteward

Jan 14, 2014
Sorry to see Knocky go but it hasn't really worked for him last two season s and it seems we have loads of wingers and no RB. We only have a 25 player squad and we need money to finance definitely at least one RB, probably another MC, attacking minded and a striker. AK is the only winger other than March (who should definitely not go) who could go so beggars cant be choosers.

Good luck Knocky! Now get an RB in PDQ!!! Max is not the answer!

Why shouldn't March go? If it hasn't worked out for AK then which attackers has it worked out for!?!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very sad to see him go, he’s been at times brilliant for us and wears his heart on his sleeve. Was hoping GP could help him mature a bit mentally (in particular his decision making) which he needs to be a solid PL player rather than an inconsistent one. However, won’t judge any of our transfer business in isolation until the window SLAMS shut.....sure there is a master plan playing out.

...well, there better had be.......

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Sorry to see Knocky go but it hasn't really worked for him last two season s and it seems we have loads of wingers and no RB. We only have a 25 player squad and we need money to finance definitely at least one RB, probably another MC, attacking minded and a striker. AK is the only winger other than March (who should definitely not go) who could go so beggars cant be choosers.

Good luck Knocky! Now get an RB in PDQ!!! Max is not the answer!

HOW do we we need money to finance new signings?

We received another 100M+ pre-paid by Barclays.

Unless we are planning to spend 40M for each player in the 3 most critical positions we need, then we had plenty already before this bizarre decision.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8995142 said:
I've been rubbing my head over this deal. I don't think it's the wages per se but I'm wondering if Knockaert DID in fact have a match highest earner clause in his contract (as often rumoured on NSC). If this was the case perhaps that clause is the reason we we've chosen to get rid rather cheaply as it may be an issue when negotiating contracts for new signings. Just a thought... It's also possible the sun aren't reporting the facts correctly!

**** me. I actually didn't think of that. I am bereft. :dunce::drool::facepalm:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
OK, for sake of argument, if this actually is a bad decision, why do you (or anyone esle for that matter) think the club made this decision?

I know this wasn’t aimed at me. But I’m going to go with incompetence.

Look at recent signings, then look at our gaps, and then look at what are we doing to fill those gaps. Not great, is it? We are poor at the business of finding, keeping and motivating talent.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
One of my regrets will be not hearing an Albion anthem being sung anymore........

We've got Knockaert,
Anthony Knockaert,
I just dont think you understand,
He only cost 2 mill,
Hes better than Ozil,
We've got Anthony Knockaert... :cry:
]

We've lost Knockaert,
Anthony Knockaert,
I just dont think we understand,
Hes gone for a song,
Hes better than anyone else we've got ,
We've lost Anthony Knockaert.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I love AK. We will always have the year he tore the championship apart and the goal v palace.
He’s also had a lot happen in his life in recent years and maybe a change is something he feels he needs. I personally think he needs the enjoyment of playing attacking football against players he’s to good for.
Fees not great but if it’s £10 million then we have made £6.5 on him minus wages obviously and he was the biggest factor in getting us to where we are now. In addition we have signed a player likely to be a Belgium international for £5 million more.
Will always get a hero’s reception at the Amex which will be gratefully deserved and I’m sure he will release an emotional statement and will outline how maybe he needs a fresh challenge in his life
Good luck AK

This.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
HOW do we we need money to finance new signings?

We received another 100M+ pre-paid by Barclays.

Unless we are planning to spend 40M for each player in the 3 most critical positions we need, then we had plenty already before this bizarre decision.

It doesn't work like that.....after Trussard and to conform with Ftp we've probably got not much more than 20m left... that's a striker and nothing else.... and we've just spent 1m with add on on Richards....

Would love to proven wrong with data however...

... and then there's only having 25 players over 21....

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I'm Genuinely confused with our transfer strategy at the moment. Buying another CB (not really needed) getting cover of Jose (yes makes sense) however after that no idea.....

Are we doing things on the cheap? How can PB complain about how depressing fees are etc and then let our most creative player leave on LOAN?

As for new players??? it is getting to a stage that if people think that the squad will dramatically improve over night with the kids now playing I feel we are being a little naive.. PL players are expensive and we seem to be falling behind in this matter at the moment...things need to start happening quickly..

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
It doesn't work like that.....after Trussard and to conform with Ftp we've probably got not much more than 20m left... that's a striker and nothing else.... and we've just spent 1m with add on on Richards....

I dunno if data is needed. Your logic seems awful fuzzy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
AK has had 1 full season more than Ali and 2 full seasons more than Drossard.

Neither player would set the world alight if all they did was matched AK's production from those 2 seasons.

If any of them look a threat it will be a start.

Knockaert was the only player who got me on my feet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

We are allowed to lose around 150mill over 3 years.... we made a PROFIT last year so FFP is not an issue at all....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm Genuinely confused with our transfer strategy at the moment. Buying another CB (not really needed) getting cover of Jose (yes makes sense) however after that no idea.....

Are we doing things on the cheap? How can PB complain about how depressing fees are etc and then let our most creative player leave on LOAN?

As for new players??? it is getting to a stage that if people think that the squad will dramatically improve over night with the kids now playing I feel we are being a little naive.. PL players are expensive and we seem to be falling behind in this matter at the moment...things need to start happening quickly..

It's as if they aren't buying players in order of necessity.

Just buying players within the time frame allotted is madness I tells yer...

...MADNESS.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Honestly couldn’t care less, if you spank £18m+ on a player then you should expect some sort of a return, Alireza was absolutely ****ing dross, he’s got no pace, seems to be lacking any footballing intelligence and doesn’t seem to be able to shoot. Trossard?? Who knows. Izquierdo, rudderless speedboat. I know you’ll disagree and try to convince me that we can’t judge a player until they’ve made 700 appearances but I would far rather play Knockaert than Alireza and Izquierdo.

Agree.
You can throw the in Locadia as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
]

We've lost Knockaert,
Anthony Knockaert,
I just dont think we understand,
Hes gone for a song,
Hes better than anyone else we've got ,
We've lost Anthony Knockaert.

Genius. If that was meant as irony, I salute you. If not, I'd leave the EJ Thribb book of poetry to one side, for future reference. :lolol:

Spiggy Topes: "Love is it, hate isn't"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here