Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would go as far as to say Knocky, despite his red card aberration, made a massive positive contribution to our PL survival last season. Ask yourself this, would any club pay £15m for his main competition on the right, Ali J, as of now? The answer is a definite No, so Knocky can only go if replaced, or we weaken the squad, which we just cannot afford to do....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He showed a lot of positive stuff last year & although struggles with the step up still played a huge part in our survival. Really don’t want us to sell.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He showed a lot of positive stuff last year & although struggles with the step up still played a huge part in our survival. Really don’t want us to sell.

This.
But he always does, his work rate alone is a catalyst for others, that aside, I genuinely think we have a poor squad at the moment and he is one of the few offensive sparks.

Would be very disappointed if we sell.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Absolutely.

You can only sell a player if there is a buyer or if you slash the price to get a buyer.

Albion don't tend to slash prices to 'get rid', so anyone dreaming of selling a different player instead could well be disappointed.

The ITK Iranian journalist/agent source has already stated that Alireza isn't accepting any offers from other clubs and wants to stay - so it will take a high wage offer to move him on.

The manager who wanted Locadia at Fenebache is now at Derby - so best extinguish desire to move him on at an acceptable albion price.

Everything is aligned for Knocky to go - albion, Fulham, and seamingly Knockaert himself.

We need to turn Ali J and Locadia into £17m+ and £14m+ players as it is too much money to loose, that is the job of Potter. Knockaert will signify a huge success both on the field while here and in terms of financially if we get £15m for him.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I would be very disappointed if we sold for 15M. This is not a team blessed with attacking options and yet we seem happy to sell at a price which our previous efforts at recruitment prove doesn't get you much. In wide areas we would be left with Ali J and Trossard, both as yet unproven, March who is talented but no more consistent than Knocky and the injured for an extended period Izzy. Not loads as others seem to indicate.
Selling someone who has at least shown something in this league for a price for which it will be hard to find someone similar whilst pinning your hopes on Potter waving his wand and transforming Ali J, Jugs and Andone into stars seems optimistic at best.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
You obviously have no idea whatsoever of my views and philosophy on football and the team selection.

Clearly he does, he said 9 CB's. We know you love a few LB's.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
AK’s been fantastic but hardly reliable and vital for us over the last 2 seasons. 15 million and 40k per week off the wage bill sounds tempting given that he’s a volatile player. That’s a 10% boost to our revenue and a chance to reinvest in accelerating Potters evolution. Interestingly, we’d probably be about evens on summer incomings/outgoing transfer business if you simply look at the fees involved. This balance could give us potential to do some significant business in the next month.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Our best wingers without doubt:

Knocky
March
Izzy

I’m hoping we can add Trossard to the list. We need 4 who are of a certain class, even if it’s more a case of ‘on their day’ with wingers.2 class players per position. We need to be signing a right back, possibly left back, another CM and a striker - not selling those that currently fill one of those 2 spots per position.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This sums it up well and at £15m makes good business sense as we have had the good years out of him but that is not to say that he wont have more in The Championship.

It makes good business sense if you’re absolutely shit at business. He’s got better technical ability than Jahanbakhsh, Locadia and Izquierdo, he has a better footballing brain than Jahanbakhsh, Locadia and Izquierdo, he scores more goals than Jahanbakhsh, Locadia and Izquierdo. He was valued at £20m+ when we were in the Championship, has dragged us through games in his own in the Premier League, scored a worldy at Palace, he’s seldom injured, but yeah let’s get rid of him for £15m just so Jahanbakhsh gets more game time. What a load of horse shit.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
An an isolated transfer it wouldn’t be great business as would cost more to replace.

However if we are going to play a system which doesn’t need ‘traditional’ wingers and we are moving Knocky on to finance a move for a different type of player then it makes sense.

Can certainly see us playing with attacking midfielders who can influence the game from different positions ... maybe Trossard and a move for Wilson who can play left or right and behind a striker might be the play

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
AK’s been fantastic but hardly reliable and vital for us over the last 2 seasons. 15 million and 40k per week off the wage bill sounds tempting given that he’s a volatile player. That’s a 10% boost to our revenue and a chance to reinvest in accelerating Potters evolution. Interestingly, we’d probably be about evens on summer incomings/outgoing transfer business if you simply look at the fees involved. This balance could give us potential to do some significant business in the next month.

Inconsistent, whereas Jahanbakhsh was invisible, Izquierdo injured and Locadia in no man’s land. And why are we worrying about the wages, Jahanbakhsh didn’t join us over Leicester because of the style of football, and Izquierdo and Locadia didn’t leave teams playing in Europe just for the craic.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
This move might suit Knocky, I’ll go further...it would.

But. In a team with a lack of flair and few outright, balls out, players. It wouldn’t be good for us.

It’s because we can see that he always WANTS to go at teams, that he always TRYS to force games (whether or not he succeeds) that we are so divided.

The opportunity to have another season in the PL with Potter..a manager who has a liking for some swashbuckling, that he shouldn’t go yet.

Ultimately the Manager will have to decide whether the obvious shortcomings in AKs game are insurmountable. I’d hate to see him go. Timings wrong.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This Harry Wilson love fest is a joke too. Hits a few decent free kicks so we’ve got fans stroking over him, I swear people forget how good Knockaert was in the Championship.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We need to turn Ali J and Locadia into £17m+ and £14m+ players as it is too much money to loose, that is the job of Potter. Knockaert will signify a huge success both on the field while here and in terms of financially if we get £15m for him.

What utter rubbish. So, 2 other players are playing badly, keep them, try to improve them, and get rid of the one who is actually contributing because there is a buyer!!?? That is just ensuring relegation.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I would be very disappointed if we sold for 15M. This is not a team blessed with attacking options and yet we seem happy to sell at a price which our previous efforts at recruitment prove doesn't get you much. In wide areas we would be left with Ali J and Trossard, both as yet unproven, March who is talented but no more consistent than Knocky and the injured for an extended period Izzy. Not loads as others seem to indicate.
Selling someone who has at least shown something in this league for a price for which it will be hard to find someone similar whilst pinning your hopes on Potter waving his wand and transforming Ali J, Jugs and Andone into stars seems optimistic at best.

It would be lunacy

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

And how would you then replace Knocky? How much do you think that will cost? £20m? £25m? Very foolish to sell UNLESS you have a replacement already signed.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Our best wingers without doubt:

Knocky
March
Izzy

I’m hoping we can add Trossard to the list. We need 4 who are of a certain class, even if it’s more a case of ‘on their day’ with wingers.2 class players per position. We need to be signing a right back, possibly left back, another CM and a striker - not selling those that currently fill one of those 2 spots per position.

100% this. Wake up other people. We were so close to being relegated that ANY significant departure, and I include Knocky in this, will almost certainly mean relegation... that’s well over £100m down the drain... would just be idiotic. Unless, he is replaced of course.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It makes good business sense if you’re absolutely shit at business. He’s got better technical ability than Jahanbakhsh, Locadia and Izquierdo, he has a better footballing brain than Jahanbakhsh, Locadia and Izquierdo, he scores more goals than Jahanbakhsh, Locadia and Izquierdo. He was valued at £20m+ when we were in the Championship, has dragged us through games in his own in the Premier League, scored a worldy at Palace, he’s seldom injured, but yeah let’s get rid of him for £15m just so Jahanbakhsh gets more game time. What a load of horse shit.

Spot on.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Knocky to Fulham?

An an isolated transfer it wouldn’t be great business as would cost more to replace.

However if we are going to play a system which doesn’t need ‘traditional’ wingers and we are moving Knocky on to finance a move for a different type of player then it makes sense.

Can certainly see us playing with attacking midfielders who can influence the game from different positions ... maybe Trossard and a move for Wilson who can play left or right and behind a striker might be the play

So, as I said, yes sell if Wilson or similar is signed... otherwise no...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here