Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
This one would be hard. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of the decision, the emblematic Knocky going after the retirement of Bruno, the sacking of CH and with rumours about Dunky all feels like a stark reminder that this group has to break up. This is a group at Brighton that will be remembered here like England fans remember the boys of '66. Things always move on in football, but each of these will be among the hardest football goodbyes we will ever have to say.

Word.
We're moving onwards, just hope it's upwards too.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Absolutely gutted. One of the most entertaining, hard working, technically gifted Albion players EVER. So sad to see him go. Lucky, lucky Fulham. This has really pissed me off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It is but are we being too sentimental on past achievements over current ones? There should be no sentiment in the PL sadly.

I will be gutted when he goes but I think I understand the logic. AK has not shone in the PL very often.

AK is a legend though imo.

No, because he is one of our most creative players.

We are left with:

Solly who is good but a lesser player IMO
AJ dreadful last year but here’s hoping
Izquierdo one trick pony
Trossard who is a gamble and may be brilliant

Locadia, just poor since he signed and not a winger either, loads to prove IMO.....

Another stupid move for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ukpolska

Dec 30, 2017
Warsaw, Poland
Potter's statement last week is making more sense now when he said: "Knockaert future is out of his hands" in not alienating any Brighton fans. After all, it wouldn't look too good if the new manager sold one the old guard. Times are changing, for the better, I hope...!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But Andy Naylor said this wasn’t true ?

[tweet]1150408022046511106[/tweet]

You've misunderstood that. Naylor is responding to someone referring to the Sun's report that Dunk to Leicester was a done deal. He was saying the Dunk deal being agreed was not true.

The person also refers to this tweet from the day before that:

[tweet]1149935152321183744[/tweet]

Where Naylor says he can see Knockaert to Fulham happening.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It's a shame to see him go and he had a part to play in this team, even if he has struggled with the Prem on occasions. He will rip that league a new one though.

This decision will be defined not by us letting him leave, but what we do to replace him. If we succeed then it won't be so bad. If we don't adequately replace him then they'll know they messed up. Just gotta let time decide that bit.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I’d only imagine this happening if:

-Potter doesn’t fancy AK
-A replacement is inbound to balance the attacking options
-The price is right

Looks like this is happening. Which is gutting as AK has been very good for us. If no replacement is agreed by Watford I’d be very surprised.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is such a stupid idea if we're doing this.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Absolutely gutted. One of the most entertaining, hard working, technically gifted Albion players EVER. So sad to see him go. Lucky, lucky Fulham. This has really pissed me off.

This, love the bloke. Wore his heart on his sleeve and gave everything for the badge.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I wish him all the best, he’s had a tough time of things over the last couple of years. I’m sure he’ll become a favourite at the Cottage and do really well for them.

Good luck Knocky.
Bang on.

Genuine bloke who has had a tough time and has delivered some absolutely blockbuster moments for us. He was another key block in the #together squad.

I'll miss him but I reckon it's the right time to say farewell.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Initial loan with £10M transfer fee. Seems cheap

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I can only assume we are looking to spend big and he was our most valuable asset which we could sell to part fund that purchase. No one would take Locadia, Ali J, Gross or Izzy for more than £5m . The rest are probably seen as must retain or worth even less.

IF the club is not bringing in someone else then it is a very poor move.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I can only assume we are looking to spend big and he was our most valuable asset which we could sell to part fund that purchase. No one would take Locadia, Ali J, Gross or Izzy for more than £5m . The rest are probably seen as must retain or worth even less.

Spending big. Obviously don't know TBs way of doing business then. He's way too savy for that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

If the club is not bringing in anyone else we are guaranteed to be relegated imo. No way are we going into this season with no further additions.

Personally I’d rather keep AJ and Locadia over.AK. We have seen the best of AK but have definitely haven’t seen the best of the other two. In the minority I accept, time will tell.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
If the club is not bringing in anyone else we are guaranteed to be relegated imo. No way are we going into this season with no further additions.

Personally I’d rather keep AJ and Locadia over.AK
That’s the issue. Would other clubs want those players?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here