Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
The same Leicester who haven't and don't want to sell Maguire, are "miles away" from agreeing a deal, have priced him so high that Man United are pausing for thought, haven't made a bid for Dunk and have other targets and Bloom has priced him so high that everyone is freaking out.
How likely do you think it is ? .

Irrespective of outstanding time on player contracts, power still lies with the player.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
Irrespective of outstanding time on player contracts, power still lies with the player.

The players are still under contract, though, so they can play hard ball and tell Man Utd and Maguire both that there is no deal to be made.

It's what Southampton did with Virgil Van Dijk..... not that it made much difference. He still went eventually.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I largely agree with this. His skills were well suited, and tricky enough, for the Championship where he could beat multiple players before cutting back onto his left peg for a shot. Move this up a division where players are more savvy and it loses its effectiveness. Over the past 2 seasons there’s been many moments where players have completely read him and negated his impact especially that moment where they know he wants to tee up the ball on his left.

Take the money and invest.

Except Palace [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji122][emoji122]

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So not a priceless asset to a lower PL club looking to consolidate and progress then - and won't realistically have wage expectations higher than he's already got.

I'm just pointing out that he is playing in the PL at a level commensurate with his PL club... really don't see him wanting to drop down a level unless he is forced to do so...

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
The players are still under contract, though, so they can play hard ball and tell Man Utd and Maguire both that there is no deal to be made.

It's what Southampton did with Virgil Van Dijk..... not that it made much difference. He still went eventually.

Because the player was effectively forcing a move, alas strengthening my point that players have a considerable amount of power. So not sure what your point is....

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Well, I've spent five minutes with the egotistical midget.
Have you?
Seems to me you are acting a bit pissy because I've suggested your 100-mile-an-hour hero isn't a shining light in the community or model member of society.

Bloke has never been an on an even keel emotionally is his life.

Remind me to contact you if I need a proper, well informed and thorough analysis of my mental state. :moo:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Was head and shoulders above the championship with us.

Has been decent enough in the prem for us and more to come.

15m ..... p off Fulham

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm just pointing out that he is playing in the PL at a level commensurate with his PL club... really don't see him wanting to drop down a level unless he is forced to do so...
This.

Why would he drop a league and presumably pay? The only answer would be length of contract. I am not sure what he has left with us but if it is one year and Fulham offer 3, that is the only reason that I can see him leaving.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This.

Why would he drop a league and presumably pay? The only answer would be length of contract. I am not sure what he has left with us but if it is one year and Fulham offer 3, that is the only reason that I can see him leaving.

He will score more goals, create more assists and be more feared and loved in the Championship. What's not to like? Plus, I don't think there's much danger he'd need to take a paycut to join Fulham. If I were him, I'd rather thrive in the Championship than struggle in the Premier League.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Because your opinion is worth more than mine, huh? Knob.

Bloke has never been an on an even keel emotionally is his life.

Because your opinion seems to be extreme in most cases, like that Knockaert has never been emotionally stable ever in his life. Knob.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He will score more goals, create more assists and be more feared and loved in the Championship. What's not to like? Plus, I don't think there's much danger he'd need to take a paycut to join Fulham. If I were him, I'd rather thrive in the Championship than struggle in the Premier League.

Read plenty that says he'd get a pay rise if he goes to Fulham. Doesn't make sense but seems they would pay him more. I guess our wage structure is rigorously applied.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
This.

Stil got 3 years left on his contract here.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Nah. He's loved in Brighton (apart from TSB) and a new manager who will play to his strengths with Potterball.

There's no bigger stage in his line of work than the PL. No way is he leaving.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Read plenty that says he'd get a pay rise if he goes to Fulham. Doesn't make sense but seems they would pay him more. I guess our wage structure is rigorously applied.

Their American owner has more wealth than the Glaziers and John W Henry combined and doesn't mind spending it. Not always wisely.

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well, I've spent five minutes with the egotistical midget.
Have you?

Actually, yes on the way back from Victoria to Gatwick, nice guy, who was very humble.

Just endeared him to me even more, now Bruno has finished, one of my favourite players and the only player who gets me out of my seat.

Agree with a lot of your observations but not this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
Because the player was effectively forcing a move, alas strengthening my point that players have a considerable amount of power. So not sure what your point is....

I was pointing out the truth of the contract matter, but then in a roundabout way agreeing with you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here