Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The state of some of our fans. On the one hand they for some reason believe Locadia, Andone and Ali J will be transformed into world beaters under Potter, and on the other they think we should bin off 'Championship' Knockaert.

Fickle ****ing idiots.

If he flops under Potter a whole host of Championship teams will fancy him in January. Absolutely no need to sell him now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
The haters are gonna hate all because he got sent of a couple of times. Wingers are naturally the most inconsistent players yet he’s meant to perform week in week out as you say idiots.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That's the real problem though, isn't it. Flailing arms and failing to track back when you sulk having not got the ball costs us goals.

I think this is a bit of a falsehood based on his mannerisms. Knocky works as hard as anyone defensively, if he loses the ball he hardly ever gives up.

To let him go for that price would be mental. He was our best winger last year, or at least equal best with Solly.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I totally disagree with the accusation he doesn't track back. I think he's very hard working and he's probably better than any of our other wingers at tracking back.

I'm sorry I can't agree, all too often he's more focused on his petulant behaviour than the team

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Odd , they've just signed a winger on loan from Wolves haven't they ? and they can piss right off with a tinpot 15 million , the blokes unplayable on his day , it' up to the manager to slot him in and make the most of those brilliant unplayable days , not sell him because he has a hissy now and then .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wingers are naturally the most inconsistent players yet he’s meant to perform week in week out as you say idiots.

Knockaert 'has to go' because he is 'inconsistent' - only really good one game in two or three.

Yet the absolutely 'consistent' (no good games in twenty) Alireza is just primed to 'come good'.

:rolleyes:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Knockaert 'has to go' because he is 'inconsistent' - only really good one game in two or three.

Yet the absolutely 'consistent' (no good games in twenty) Alireza is just primed to 'come good'.

It's incredible isn't it. Knockaert almost has become some sort of hate figure because of 2 reds and because he's not torn up the division. Even a worldy winner at Selhurst can't please someone.

15m is roughly the same as the likes of Locadia, Izquierdo, Ali J and Trossard. Absolutely no need to sell at that price unless Potter really thinks he's not up to it.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
There is legs to this one. Anthony is keen for more game time, feels like he needs to play. He’s had a difficult few months at the Albion. That said, I hope that he finds he can kick on, improve and enjoy himself again under Potter, I do really like him as a player.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
At £15m I think Fulham would just about be getting the right end of the deal .
Every chance he would rip it up in the championship

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I'm sorry I can't agree, all too often he's more focused on his petulant behaviour than the team

I wouldn't disagree that he can be petulant. And you can put that down to a lot of reasons, I would say because he's passionate, and I think he'd be a very dull player without his passion. That aside, I think his work rate is excellent, his defensive side is very good because he does track back. I think it's often something Hughton praised him for.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The state of some of our fans. On the one hand they for some reason believe Locadia, Andone and Ali J will be transformed into world beaters under Potter, and on the other they think we should bin off 'Championship' Knockaert.

Fickle ****ing idiots.

If he flops under Potter a whole host of Championship teams will fancy him in January. Absolutely no need to sell him now.

Spot on. Some absolute mentalists on this thread.

Too many people in our fan base are complete softcocks. Middle class new-football rugby types who won't tolerate the odd bit of petulance and just want a team full of hard workers. Sometimes you need a flawed genius to call on for some magic, AK is ours.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Yep AJ hasn’t even shown any hope of looking a decent player, who ever tracked him for years needs sacked IMO(maybe he has been). Knockhaert on the other hand was the best player on the pitch in the semi final, he’s a special talent and worth more than £15m.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I just get the feeling that the club are sitting tight at the moment regarding players being signed or released. I wonder if the strategy is going to be “we go with what we’ve got”. I also believe that many key players underachieved last season, Knockaert included, and this time around may be their shot at redemption.

Personally I would hate to see Knocky go. I still think he can offer so much more, and with Graham Potter in charge, who will be implementing a more expansive style of play (I hope!), this could be just up our Anthony’s street. Wishful thinking eh?

Oh, I'm not saying I'd like to see him go, but I'm pretty sure I posted before that for a promotion-chasing Championship side, getting Knockaert is like a golden ticket for promotion.

January might have been the time to get him in - it seems unlikely Potter would want to release one of the club's more effective attacking threats unless the move unlocked funds for him to bring in someone he fancies more.

What people also seem to be forgetting is that we have the mythical "full pre-season" now, which some seem to believe is able to turn crap players into world-beaters. Ali J is sure to be ON FIRE this season as a result.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
In the Premier League we've all wanted him to have the same impact on games as he did in the Championship. He hasn't.

I think that goal at Palace has done a lot for him. If he'd have been sent off (as he should have been) in the 1st minute there would be plenty more "I'll drive him there myself" comments.

That said, I would be very surprised if Potter allows one of our best players to go before he's seen what he can do in a new system. January, maybe. But if he goes now, we'd have to get a really really good replacement.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
As the commentator says at the end of the clip. "An absolute hero to those Albion fans"

Arguably more responsible than any other player for where we are now.

Still more than capable of match winning performances on his day

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
In the Premier League we've all wanted him to have the same impact on games as he did in the Championship. He hasn't.

I think that goal at Palace has done a lot for him. If he'd have been sent off (as he should have been) in the 1st minute there would be plenty more "I'll drive him there myself" comments.

That said, I would be very surprised if Potter allows one of our best players to go before he's seen what he can do in a new system. January, maybe. But if he goes now, we'd have to get a really really good replacement.
If he was achieving championship levels in the PL he would be an £80m player, perspective is needed.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I can't see this happening whilst Izquierdo is injured unless we are spending big on a replacement

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton

What about his man of the match performance against the greatest team in the country about Wembley all the haters have conveniently forgotten

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That's the real problem though, isn't it. Flailing arms and failing to track back when you sulk having not got the ball costs us goals.

Failing to track back? You have been watching a different player to me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here