Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Have to say I'm surprised, not because I disagree with comments about him struggling much more in the Prem than he does in the Championship, but because we have the unproven Trossard, Jahanbakhsh and the injury prone Izquierdo within our ranks which leaves us with only March who's played in the Premiership with any success.

I'd hope that we may look for another player to bolster us in this area, I'm keen on Bowen from Hull.

Weren't we linked with Harry Wilson earlier in the window? Might we rekindle that interest if Knockeart goes?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Have to say I'm surprised, not because I disagree with comments about him struggling much more in the Prem than he does in the Championship, but because we have the unproven Trossard, Jahanbakhsh and the injury prone Izquierdo within our ranks which leaves us with only March who's played in the Premiership with any success.

I'd hope that we may look for another player to bolster us in this area, I'm keen on Bowen from Hull.

So sign the unproven Bowen to fix this problem? :FFSPuncheon

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Joke decision by our club UNLESS better player in to replace him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Joke decision by our club UNLESS better player in to replace him.

If he goes our nett spend so far this window will have been peanuts. Hopefully some decent signings to come in before the window SLAMS SHUT.......surely

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
So sign the unproven Bowen to fix this problem? :FFSPuncheon

Proven in the Championship, scored 22 goals last season from on the wing and only 22 years old. That's much more proven to me than players from the Dutch and Belgian leagues who may take a while to adapt to the style of the English leagues.

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
This is the very best of news for all Albion supporters. It leaves us with happy memories of a great player, Mr Barber and his chums with some money in the bank to invest in the squad and saves us from further tantrums, outbursts and silliness from the man who last year mainly just diminished his status as an all time Albion great. It represents another clear sign that an era has ended and offers only hope that a new and greater era is approaching.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Why? He’s very disruptive.

Petulant sometimes yes but disruptive? Thought he was always part of the great team spirit between Dunk, Duffy, Bruno etc. Part of that core that made other players feel welcome and involved. That's the way it appeared to me though always hard to tell without being around them during training etc.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This is the very best of news for all Albion supporters. It leaves us with happy memories of a great player, Mr Barber and his chums with some money in the bank to invest in the squad and saves us from further tantrums, outbursts and silliness from the man who last year mainly just diminished his status as an all time Albion great. It represents another clear sign that an era has ended and offers only hope that a new and greater era is approaching.

[MENTION=38145]Palacefinder General[/MENTION] ? ???

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Petulant sometimes yes but disruptive? Thought he was always part of the great team spirit between Dunk, Duffy, Bruno etc. Part of that core that made other players feel welcome and involved. That's the way it appeared to me though always hard to tell without being around them during training etc.

Beginning to wonder if it was more a clique...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Awful news.

It is but are we being too sentimental on past achievements over current ones? There should be no sentiment in the PL sadly.

I will be gutted when he goes but I think I understand the logic. AK has not shone in the PL very often.

AK is a legend though imo.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What the hell is going on at the club?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Players come and players go... An exceptional part of our journey to the PL, yet (and there's the rub) one that ended two full seasons ago... For me he can only exceed at a level below, and boy he needs to exceed otherwise his frustrations get the better of him. He gets sulky, disinterested, wild and at times depressed - hence his in and (more often) out form displays of the past two seasons. This and his personal stuff has doubtless clouded his latter days with the club. Once CH departed I think the writing was on the wall.

He'll be brilliant for Fulham, in a league where he can consistently be the star, something I suspect his ego requires.

Peace be the journey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here