Page 8 of 224 FirstFirst ... 5678910111858108 ... LastLast
    Technocrat

8 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan Ince's Python View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The state of some of our fans. On the one hand they for some reason believe Locadia, Andone and Ali J will be transformed into world beaters under Potter, and on the other they think we should bin off 'Championship' Knockaert.

Fickle ****ing idiots.

If he flops under Potter a whole host of Championship teams will fancy him in January. Absolutely no need to sell him now.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Spot on. Some absolute mentalists on this thread.

Too many people in our fan base are complete softcocks. Middle class new-football rugby types who won't tolerate the odd bit of petulance and just want a team full of hard workers. Sometimes you need a flawed genius to call on for some magic, AK is ours.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      Knockaert 'has to go' because he is 'inconsistent' - only really good one game in two or three.

Yet the absolutely 'consistent' (no good games in twenty) Alireza is just primed to 'come good'.

Yep AJ hasn’t even shown any hope of looking a decent player, who ever tracked him for years needs sacked IMO(maybe he has been). Knockhaert on the other hand was the best player on the pitch in the semi final, he’s a special talent and worth more than £15m.
      You make me

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      I just get the feeling that the club are sitting tight at the moment regarding players being signed or released. I wonder if the strategy is going to be “we go with what we’ve got”. I also believe that many key players underachieved last season, Knockaert included, and this time around may be their shot at redemption.

Personally I would hate to see Knocky go. I still think he can offer so much more, and with Graham Potter in charge, who will be implementing a more expansive style of play (I hope!), this could be just up our Anthony’s street. Wishful thinking eh?
      Oh, I'm not saying I'd like to see him go, but I'm pretty sure I posted before that for a promotion-chasing Championship side, getting Knockaert is like a golden ticket for promotion.

January might have been the time to get him in - it seems unlikely Potter would want to release one of the club's more effective attacking threats unless the move unlocked funds for him to bring in someone he fancies more.

What people also seem to be forgetting is that we have the mythical "full pre-season" now, which some seem to believe is able to turn crap players into world-beaters. Ali J is sure to be ON FIRE this season as a result.

4 Not allowed!
      In the Premier League we've all wanted him to have the same impact on games as he did in the Championship. He hasn't.

I think that goal at Palace has done a lot for him. If he'd have been sent off (as he should have been) in the 1st minute there would be plenty more "I'll drive him there myself" comments.

That said, I would be very surprised if Potter allows one of our best players to go before he's seen what he can do in a new system. January, maybe. But if he goes now, we'd have to get a really really good replacement.

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by doogie004 View Post
      Just rewind that goal at palace apart from Izzy no other player are capable of that best attacking player we have

Wait, weren't you the utter clown telling everyone that Dale Stephens only goes sideways?

(apologies if not)

Edit: you were. Fck me, you've got some front using that video as proof that Knockaert is some sort of world beater.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

2 Not allowed!
      As the commentator says at the end of the clip. "An absolute hero to those Albion fans"

Arguably more responsible than any other player for where we are now.

Still more than capable of match winning performances on his day

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TWOCHOICEStom View Post
      In the Premier League we've all wanted him to have the same impact on games as he did in the Championship. He hasn't.

I think that goal at Palace has done a lot for him. If he'd have been sent off (as he should have been) in the 1st minute there would be plenty more "I'll drive him there myself" comments.

That said, I would be very surprised if Potter allows one of our best players to go before he's seen what he can do in a new system. January, maybe. But if he goes now, we'd have to get a really really good replacement.
      If he was achieving championship levels in the PL he would be an £80m player, perspective is needed.
      You make me
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      I can't see this happening whilst Izquierdo is injured unless we are spending big on a replacement

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      In 1942 I invented the shoe
      In 1943 I invented the Tree
      In 1944 I invented the floor

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TWOCHOICEStom View Post

What about his man of the match performance against the greatest team in the country about Wembley all the haters have conveniently forgotten

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tim Over Whelmed View Post
      That's the real problem though, isn't it. Flailing arms and failing to track back when you sulk having not got the ball costs us goals.
      Failing to track back? You have been watching a different player to me
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi