Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think you are panicking over nothing.

Last season we should have beaten Cardiff at home, if we had we would have finished 8 points clear.

It is common knowledge that we are looking at more signings, so why not hold off on the whinning until after the window shuts?

Cardiff were better than us, had more fight and desire, we shit the bed.

I’m not panicking, and I genuinely apologise if my posts are coming across as whining, I’m merely offering my opinions that the current squad, in my opinion, looks dangerously vulnerable. I, along with everyone, am fully aware that the club are still actively trying to recruit, but until those reinforcements are signed I’ll remain low on confidence that this group can survive.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I’m not panicking, and I genuinely apologise if my posts are coming across as whining, I’m merely offering my opinions that the current squad, in my opinion, looks dangerously vulnerable. I, along with everyone, am fully aware that the club are still actively trying to recruit, but until those reinforcements are signed I’ll remain low on confidence that this group can survive.

Not coming across as whining at all

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for all the memories, particularly getting promotion. Photo by my brother-in-law, one of Knocky’s special moments. Last season Knocky scored 2 goals twice as other three wingers, also 6 assists same as other three wingers combined. Last season Knocky was our best winger.
View attachment 113194

And the “best” then got himself sent off and missed crucial and season defining games. Being best isn’t just about what you do physically, it’s also about having the correct attitude, temperament and professionalism. Knocky doesn’t have the full set of skills.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
And the “best” then got himself sent off and missed crucial and season defining games. Being best isn’t just about what you do physically, it’s also about having the correct attitude, temperament and professionalism. Knocky doesn’t have the full set of skills.

As they so often in the NFL, the greatest ability is availability.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I don’t agree, but what if Solly gets injured? You will be calling on Ali J unless we replace Knocky and, IMHO, you will do well to improve on Knocky at the silly low price we are allegedly selling him for...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No argument at all from me, i hope he doesn't go, we need both, and the price is an absolute joke imho, we are looking at championship players who may or may not be good in the prem and clubs are asking north of £15 mil, Knocky is as good as it gets at that level and is now an ok premier league player, to let him go for less is just crazy.

Either the report in the sun has the figures wrong or we really, really want rid. Itmakes no sense to me at all.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
No worries.
Personally I don’t mind Knockaert being sold, but it’s got to be a fee that’s worthwhile, he was, statistically, our most influential winger last season, I’m annoyed at the seemingly paltry fee. I’d rather keep him than give him away because we know he can perform, not week in week out, but he’s got it in his locker, and maybe he’d be more consistent under the new manager, but he’s not getting that chance apparently.

This is what I don't understand. You can look at Knockaert and see perhaps he can become more consistant under Potter but people don't seem to be giving that opportunity to our current squad. Why do people not say perhaps Ali J could improve under Potter, lets give him a chance?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This is what I don't understand. You can look at Knockaert and see perhaps he can become more consistant under Potter but people don't seem to be giving that opportunity to our current squad. Why do people not say perhaps Ali J could improve under Potter, lets give him a chance?

Not entirely sure mate :shrug:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Last season we should have beaten Cardiff at home, if we had we would have finished 8 points clear.

It is common knowledge that we are looking at more signings, so why not hold off on the whinning until after the window shuts?

Don’t understand your comment about the Cardiff game.

We were bloody awful and deserved to lose. And that was to a team below us in the table.

How about “we should have beaten Southampton at home” er no, we were crap. “ “we should have beaten Burnley at home” arguably worse than Southampton.

Or the ultimate “we should have beaten Bournemouth at home” - if only we hadn’t let in those 5 goals and score a couple ourselves....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Don’t understand your comment about the Cardiff game.

We were bloody awful and deserved to lose. And that was to a team below us in the table.

How about “we should have beaten Southampton at home” er no, we were crap. “ “we should have beaten Burnley at home” arguably worse than Southampton.

Or the ultimate “we should have beaten Bournemouth at home” - if only we hadn’t let in those 5 goals and score a couple ourselves....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To clarify, I did not countenance that we would lose this match. This is probably the result that cost Chris his job. It was a home game we should not have lost.

StroudSeagull

Mar 27, 2018
A key point is that we currently only have one 'vacancy' in our 25 man squad, and that is for a right back. If we bring in a striker (and everyone seems to agree that is a priority) then one of our attackers needs to either leave the club or be left out if the squad. With only 3 strikers in the squad at present, one of the wide players has to go.

I also think we want versatility from our attacking players - Ali J, March and Trossard have all played the number 10 role in the past - I don't think Knockaert can.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

We 'could' have beaten City at home, but ermmmmm we didn't... Come on, we lost badly away to Fulham, twice to Cardiff and we're dead lucky at home to Huddersfield... We were sooooooooo lucky we stayed up and right now we'll be soooooooo soooooo soooo lucky to repeat the feat. I'm not so sure it is common knowledge we're looking to further strengthen, sure we've got a list of targets (as ever) but how seriously we're chasing any of them remains to be seen.

I hope you're right, but I'm sitting here thinking we're (more or less) going with what we've got. Gulp.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Not entirely sure mate :shrug:

The last two summers we have spent £50-60m on transfers with maybe £3-10m coming in. We can't keep on going on like that. This summer what we have is someone come in to give us a new style of play and a new mentality for our current players.

Potter says they are respondiing well but still have a lot of work to do. We will bring a couple of players in I suspect but expect this season to be about getting more out of what we have got rather than buying players.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The last two summers we have spent £50-60m on transfers with maybe £3-10m coming in. We can't keep on going on like that. This summer what we have is someone come in to give us a new style of play and a new mentality for our current players.

Potter says they are respondiing well but still have a lot of work to do. We will bring a couple of players in I suspect but expect this season to be about getting more out of what we have got rather than buying players.

And that deeply concerns me, as I’m not convinced there’s a huge amount to get from some of our players, especially from a relatively rookie manager.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We 'could' have beaten City at home, but ermmmmm we didn't... Come on, we lost badly away to Fulham, twice to Cardiff and we're dead lucky at home to Huddersfield... We were sooooooooo lucky we stayed up and right now we'll be soooooooo soooooo soooo lucky to repeat the feat. I'm not so sure it is common knowledge we're looking to further strengthen, sure we've got a list of targets (as ever) but how seriously we're chasing any of them remains to be seen.

I hope you're right, but I'm sitting here thinking we're (more or less) going with what we've got. Gulp.

Fondly remembering than sumptuous chip for Andone to score from....who was it again?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If we keep the same players with no further additions relegation is nailed on. I would like to think new signings will come or there was no point changing the manager

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

No need to apologise for genuine and legitimate concerns.

All the signs out of the club have been pushing the "need to look from within" messages the whole Summer with emphasis on Ashworth and the academy. This is obviously not a bad thing at all, as an eventual goal. Unfortunately, as far as I can see, very few are Championship ready let alone PL ready at this moment in time.

I'm sure the club are looking, but I myself have been concerned for a quite a while now on the urgency (at least for me) of addressing several positions in the first team.

We are now less than 3 weeks away from our first PL match. I hope they know what they're doing and we won't have more Janssen-esque panic buying on our hands.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

I actually said as much just this week on another thread and i have slated him in the past, even now i dont think he has what it takes, but heres the thing, play him in a position that suits him, in a more attacking formation, under a manager with different ideas and he MIGHT come good, i bloody hope so cos if Knocky is off its between him and Solly for the right side as things stand, clean sheet for everyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here