Page 57 of 192 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758596067107157 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 1920
  1. #561
    Members Stat Brother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    West west west Sussex
    Posts
    51,834


    0 Not allowed!
    Perhaps this is a question for @El Presidente but would the Albion still be a bottom 4 funded team if they had bought Andone for the initial reported £15m+?
    “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
    Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

    .

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #562
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      50,936


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Luke93 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That’s the issue. Would other clubs want those players?
      Can you say they had as much of an opportunity as AK last season? They were not CH players and he didn’t trust them like he did AK. Again, we’ll soon find out of they were a waste of money or if they were never given the opportunity to shine.

      CH almost reverted to his Championship team by the end of the season and it was dire.
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
    • #563
      Members the right footed denilson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Bristol
      Posts
      6,715


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Initial loan with £10M transfer fee. Seems cheap
      WHAT?!
      That desperate to get rid?
      How long? Not long
      Because what you reap, is what you sow.
    • #564

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Wardy's twin View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I can only assume we are looking to spend big and he was our most valuable asset which we could sell to part fund that purchase. No one would take Locadia, Ali J, Gross or Izzy for more than £5m . The rest are probably seen as must retain or worth even less.

      IF the club is not bringing in someone else then it is a very poor move.
      But if it's a season loan with £10m at the end of it, his move won't be funding anything this window.
      In this great future you can't forget your past
    • #565
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
      Posts
      7,050


      0 Not allowed!
      Sad day if true. But move on we must.
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!
    • #566
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      50,936


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by the right footed denilson View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      WHAT?!
      That desperate to get rid?
      If true , yes
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
    • #567

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Luke93 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I’d only imagine this happening if:

      -Potter doesn’t fancy AK
      -A replacement is inbound to balance the attacking options
      -The price is right


      Looks like this is happening. Which is gutting as AK has been very good for us. If no replacement is agreed by Watford I’d be very surprised.
      I'm stunned if the reports regarding the price are accurate. Seems remarkably low, and Barber is normally excellent in these negotiations.

    • #568
      My Hair is like his hair *Gullsworth*'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
      Posts
      7,050


      6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SeagullCrow View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm stunned if the reports regarding the price are accurate. Seems remarkably low, and Barber is normally excellent in these negotiations.

      That is ridiculously cheap in my opinion. 15m seemed low to me......really should be nearer 20million surely.
      Brighton & Hove Albion will be there long after the current players, manager,chairman......thanks to who?...you of course!
    • #569
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      1,617


      0 Not allowed!
      He is worth more than £10m in today's market surely?
    • #570
      Mod writer Guinness Boy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
      Posts
      15,734


      9 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bob! View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      But if it's a season loan with £10m at the end of it, his move won't be funding anything this window.
      One off the wage bill. And would we know if there was a loan fee? We seem quite keen on that sort of deal though.

      Have to say Knockaert is one of my favourite ever Brighton players and I will be sad to see him go, even if the further break up of the Championship squad seems inevitable. Yes, he was high maintenance and wound up opposition fans but I loved him for the latter. He picked exactly the right ones to bait, winding up Massive Wednesday and Palace an absolute treat. Knocky got IT. For that, I loved him.

      That he got IT was, unfortunately probably part of the downfall. Whenever the adrenaline was high he had too much of a heavy touch, tried to do it all or got sent off. Or all of them. And even when calm he had the tendency to try one dribble too many, one shot where there should have been a pass. But I believe part of that was because he loved the sight of us, behind the goal, going mental at the sight of a great goal.

      With CH gone and Bruno deep in to a coaching role maybe the people who looked after can no longer do it. Maybe Potterball is more about pass and move and less about dribble round five players and then dribble round one again to humiliate him. Who knows. But what I do know is that, if he really is off, I hope there is someone at Fulham to look after him, because the bottom line is I hope the guy finds some peace,
      Brighton But Only At Home

      It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •