Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A Maupay with even more attitude and a sending off waiting to happen. No thanks

I love Knocky btw

Whilst he was sent off in that second season vs Bournemouth, wasn’t the other time vs Everton when he was having personal issues?

Not sure about the ‘waiting to happen’ (sorry Icy).

I find him a lot more exciting in possession than any of our current team. He probably would have benefited from Potter as a manager, but we’ll never know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Two things that Knocky does have in spades are determination and commitment, far more than his Belgian compatriot. Maybe Trossard has more skills in his locker, but what good are they if we so rarely see them?

rose tinted hindsight there. many times Knockaert would let the game drift by. maybe had more work rate when he was on form though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whilst he was sent off in that second season vs Bournemouth, wasn’t the other time vs Everton when he was having personal issues?

Not sure about the ‘waiting to happen’ (sorry Icy).

I find him a lot more exciting in possession than any of our current team. He probably would have benefited from Potter as a manager, but we’ll never know.

Potter was surely the one who made the decision to ship him out with Andone and Locadia? Good that our manager is decisive in what he wants. Have to confess that I am surprised at the game time Burn gets though

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Never really saw him in Brighton (seen a few games and highlights after I started to follow the club though) but remember his Leicester days and thought he was very exciting back then and couldnt really figure out why they shipped him to Belgium. From what I've seen he would have been useful but considering how quickly he was off when Potter arrived, I think perhaps the decision to get rid of him - for whatever reason - was made before GP came. Too bad, exciting player.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Potter was surely the one who made the decision to ship him out with Andone and Locadia? Good that our manager is decisive in what he wants. Have to confess that I am surprised at the game time Burn gets though

Not sure about Knocky, although GP was here, would be surprised if he made it based on about 1-2 weeks training.....

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
To me, the difference between knocky and trossard is that knocky is far better in front of goal.

Knocky just had a knack of finding us a goal. Leandro is a row z merchant

Close, but knocky just the better player

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Maybe, maybe not. Potter arrived on May 19th, Knockaert left July 21..ok you are probably right actually. I know that when Potter joined Swansea he said it was a bit difficult because there was no video material of the majority of the players since they had no games on that level, so I would assume the first thing he did when he came to Brighton as well was to study the video material of all the players and then make his decisions.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Never really saw him in Brighton (seen a few games and highlights after I started to follow the club though) but remember his Leicester days and thought he was very exciting back then and couldnt really figure out why they shipped him to Belgium. From what I've seen he would have been useful but considering how quickly he was off when Potter arrived, I think perhaps the decision to get rid of him - for whatever reason - was made before GP came. Too bad, exciting player.

Exciting player in the Championship most certainly, but couldn't really turn it on in the Premier League, hence Leicester signing Riyad Mahrez, and the rest, as they say, is history.

No coincidence perhaps that the self same thing happened at the Albion, outstanding in the Championship, mediocre in the top league.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Exciting player in the Championship most certainly, but couldn't really turn it on in the Premier League, hence Leicester signing Riyad Mahrez, and the rest, as they say, is history.

No coincidence perhaps that the self same thing happened at the Albion, outstanding in the Championship, mediocre in the top league.

And Fulham arguably (though they didn’t play him in the Prem, it’s obviously another PL manager and coaching staff that didn’t fancy him).

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Maybe, maybe not. Potter arrived on May 19th, Knockaert left July 21..ok you are probably right actually. I know that when Potter joined Swansea he said it was a bit difficult because there was no video material of the majority of the players since they had no games on that level, so I would assume the first thing he did when he came to Brighton as well was to study the video material of all the players and then make his decisions.

If I recall, Knockeart was in some of GP’s pre season friendly teams. So he may have been assessing him then.

Knocky is a very emotional human and player. In Potters eyes he may not have been a good foil for the different set ups he wanted to play. Bit too much of a maverick. Which is ironically what made him great too.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
To me, the difference between knocky and trossard is that knocky is far better in front of goal.

Knocky just had a knack of finding us a goal. Leandro is a row z merchant

Close, but knocky just the better player

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Trossard is miles ahead of Knockaert. Silly

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Trossard is miles ahead of Knockaert. Silly

Agreed but sadly his confidence still hasn’t recovered from that awesome performance against United when he hit what seemed like every inch of the woodwork :down:

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I thought Knocky was brilliant, he actually ran at players and wanted to take them on using a piece of skill.

He always put in a full shift too and closed teams down when we didn't have the ball..... although he was prone to throwing his toys out of the pram and committing a stupid foul when things weren't going his way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here