Page 116 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1666106113114115116117118119126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1902
    Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

1 Not allowed!
    I'm looking at Tony's appointments: Poyet (very good), Oscar (meh), Hyypia (car crash), Hughton (superb), Potter ?

As a gambler, I wonder Does Tony believe in the law of averages? If so, we're heading for meh at best... eeeeeep

I remain worried re the capability of the head coach to meet the level required, and with this squad - win ugly.

With AK leaving we're losing a firecracker, liable to go off but still worth the risk? I rather foolishly expected the club to announce something big to placate us worrisome types usual form, but this (no news re a proven addition) is frankly baffling.
    Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yep the window is shut and we have been caught with our trousers down it seems.
      Sigh, nobody has said the window is shut because we all know it’s still open, we all know the club at saying that they’re trying to recruit, but until such times as those players arrive we appear to have an incredibly limited squad which will be battling relegation. This has nothing to do with losing to Fulham, this has everything to do with needing reinforcements. Hopefully they will come in the next 3 weeks, but until they do let’s not chastise those that are talking about the CURRENT squad of players.
      What?
      Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      Sigh, nobody has said the window is shut because we all know it’s still open, we all know the club at saying that they’re trying to recruit, but until such times as those players arrive we appear to have an incredibly limited squad which will be battling relegation. This has nothing to do with losing to Fulham, this has everything to do with needing reinforcements. Hopefully they will come in the next 3 weeks, but until they do let’s not chastise those that are talking about the CURRENT squad of players.
      Exactly - the CURRENT situation is no where near good enough. We know this to be the case... sure CH lost his compass towards the end of the season and we looked adrift... BUT this squad minus Bruno, minus AK is going to really, really struggle. I really want one or two of the development boys to become world beater's and that might well happen... then again :/

The longer we leave recruiting PL standard players, the harder it becomes for them to hit the ground running and impact on anything until around xmas... can we wait that long?

Yep - everyone's in the same boat, but ours heading towards a certain creek without some very important implements.
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BN41Albion View Post
      Yeah cos Sheff Utd, Newcastle, Norwich, Palace and the likes have spent billions, eh? Ridiculous post.
      People said the same last season and so i’ll repeat. Because we’ve no attacking presence - unless of course we bring in some decent strikers which looks unlikely.
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I am one of those who believe the current squad is not strong enough to survive and have been feeling pretty negative about the coming season. But I am going to try straw clutching for a bit today, until shot down on here. The sacking of CH was far from universally accepted amongst the fan base and the selling of AK is going to also generate a lot of negative vibes towards the club, particularly if it is the price quoted and Barber continues to moan about inflated prices. So I would like to think that the club are going to release some positive news at a similar time to lift the fan base, and by positive news I don't mean a womens or development signing but a proper first team player. He hoping.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lower West Stander View Post
      Don’t understand your comment about the Cardiff game.

We were bloody awful and deserved to lose. And that was to a team below us in the table.

How about “we should have beaten Southampton at home” er no, we were crap. “ “we should have beaten Burnley at home” arguably worse than Southampton.

Or the ultimate “we should have beaten Bournemouth at home” - if only we hadn’t let in those 5 goals and score a couple ourselves....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      That is all ifs and buts and the only positive that has or could happen is the change of the approach to the games to get more from them and that is where we have made the change and it remains to be seen whether or not it is a good move by TB. That is not to say I wouldnt welcome a couple of signings but if not I would like to see a more positive approach to the games with it looking like an intent to try to win the game rather than harp on about how good the opposition are.

4 Not allowed!
      Bunch of bedwetters.

0 Not allowed!
      We will make signings it’s the only the new boys that have moved to early, it will go mental in the last week of the transfer market for quite a few PL clubs.
      You make me
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bra View Post
      I am one of those who believe the current squad is not strong enough to survive and have been feeling pretty negative about the coming season. But I am going to try straw clutching for a bit today, until shot down on here. The sacking of CH was far from universally accepted amongst the fan base and the selling of AK is going to also generate a lot of negative vibes towards the club, particularly if it is the price quoted and Barber continues to moan about inflated prices. So I would like to think that the club are going to release some positive news at a similar time to lift the fan base, and by positive news I don't mean a womens or development signing but a proper first team player. He hoping.
      I think you are right, and the official Knockaert news will tie in with a 1st team signing announcement.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Ahannach

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard View Post
      Bunch of bedwetters.
      Actually, it’s just some people on a football forum discussing the state of our current squad.

Cool use of an utterly embarrassing phrase though, doesn’t make you look like a wizard’s sleeve at all.
      Last edited by DarrenFreemansPerm; 21-07-2019 at 11:54.
      What?