Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Another good decision by the management that was derided by a lot of people.

Probably / possibly. Different players perform differently at different clubs and in different teams...! Personally wish he was still in our 25, but perhaps that’s nostalgia.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Probably / possibly. Different players perform differently at different clubs and in different teams...! Personally wish he was still in our 25, but perhaps that’s nostalgia.

He was a fantastic player for us, our super defensive tactics for 2 seasons didn't show his better side. I thought he would have a decent opportunity with Potter coming in but he likes players who play a certain way and was brave enough to move other players on without it backfiring.

Norwood is such a player who looked fairly steady for us but has shone at other clubs. You don't win 3 promotions in a row without having some ability

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
AK's problem is that the PL is too fast paced for the way he plays, he likes to slow the game down and beat players in one vs one situations which just doesn't work as defences are generally quicker and more intelligent than in the Championship.

He's never been particularly fast and I think you'd struggle to think of many successful modern PL wide players who aren't at least reasonably fast. He's an excellent Championship footballer but just can't see him cutting it in the PL, even in a more attacking side than we were under Hughton.
Ruined Man Utd at the Amex MOM performance v Man City in the semi final. He was good enough just very inconsistent.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Def more than a few. Plenty deriding Potter for letting him go and calling it a ‘massive mistake’........it wasn’t.
Just think a number of us would have liked to have seen what he could do in a more attacking possession based style. In the end it seemed like he was happy to go so fair enough.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know we've moved on and evolved, but I do miss that Bruno/Knockaert combo down our right, it was so effective with them working in tandem. Montoya gets forward but never really seems to have anyone to combine with, nobody works an overlap with him like those two did.

Now we just have to make do with one lil lad having to overlap himself...

...with ease.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Makes me smile, which is rare enough.

Stephens moves on, many accept (with some reluctance and sadness) how important he was to our promotion and beyond but maybe Potterball required different players.

Knocky however tugs harder at some heart strings.

I know who I'd rather have in the PL trenches, given the option.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the least surprising news of the day:-

AK reported in Nottingham in advance of singing.

Apparently there's some kind of technical difficulty as some old duffer faffs around with his phone.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In the least surprising news of the day:-

AK reported in Nottingham in advance of singing.

Apparently there's some kind of technical difficulty as some old duffer faffs around with his phone.

They could add a Wilson from Liverpool on loan too.

That pair could easily fire them into the Premier League.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They could add a Wilson from Liverpool on loan too.

That pair could easily fire them into the Premier League.

I'm sure some Albion monger of doom will be along to piss on this fellas chips:-

[tweet]1316768845332439042[/tweet]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would love him to go there. Don’t wanna play against him. Love the guy! Weird they only just signed him! I think they did it before they got promoted? I guess a date was in there and covid made that date come before season and they had to decide?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
One day , Knockeart will fail to get a champ side promoted. Maybe not in our lifetimes, but one day.

Last edited:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Would love him to go there. Don’t wanna play against him. Love the guy! Weird they only just signed him! I think they did it before they got promoted? I guess a date was in there and covid made that date come before season and they had to decide?

I think the initial loan back in July 2019 had a compulsory purchase clause in it so they didn't have any options apart from handing us over another £10m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here