Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Still can’t believe we let him go - better than a number in our squad. Also still think £10.5mil is too low - not forgotten how good he is just cos he hasn’t been here a year which is often the way on NSC. Poor from the club imo.

They paid his wages this year and gave us a £4m loan fee. I’d say £16m isn’t far off his non Premier League pedigree.

Great player on his day etc etc but also not a team player by all accounts. Good business for me.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Still can’t believe we let him go - better than a number in our squad. Also still think £10.5mil is too low - not forgotten how good he is just cos he hasn’t been here a year which is often the way on NSC. Poor from the club imo.
I don't agree. He has done a decent job in the championship this year, but no more. That to me suggests he would not improve our squad now.

Thanks for the memories Knocky, he was unforgettable in the promotion season. I think now is the right time for a parting of the ways, we get a good deal (in the current climate) and he gets a good contract. Everyone's a winner

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That is crazy good money for someone who turns 29 this year and got one year (?) left on his contract, in a corona-aids world.. almost suspect it to be too good to be true.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
That is crazy good money for someone who turns 29 this year and got one year (?) left on his contract, in a corona-aids world.. almost suspect it to be too good to be true.
The belief is this was part of the loan deal signed in August so was always going to happen

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They paid his wages this year and gave us a £4m loan fee. I’d say £16m isn’t far off his non Premier League pedigree.

Great player on his day etc etc but also not a team player by all accounts. Good business for me.

Forgot / Didn’t realise about the loan fee so yes that makes it better. @s’hampton seagull I’ve not watched enough of him this year. His stats certainly aren’t as good as when he was here. Maybe we got the best of him and it is time to move on - who knows? But I do know I saw a very exciting player for years for us and still feel he could do a job.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It seems to me like a good deal, we turned down £10 million from Newcastle in the summer of 2016, 4 years later we are selling him for a similar amount. This is for a player who is coming to the end of his real prime, gave us the season of his life to get us promoted and then two decent seasons in the Premier League. He'll always have a special place in the history of Brighton and Hove Albion for that Championship season and the goal at Palace as well.

On a side note I've just told my 10 year old (on his birthday) that it looks like Knocky is off to Fulham permanently, he wasn't happy, a few tears were shed as Knocky has been his favourite player since he joined the club (which coincided with my son starting to go more regularly to games). Bad parenting on my part.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I've said it on a few threads, but really? I've not forgotten how good he was, but how good he is isn't good enough anymore sadly. Not to mention his temperament was the primary driver of him leaving (like Andone and Locadia) rather than ability. It's just that his ability has starkly dwindled in the last year too.

Fulham are paying £10.5m for a player that's delivered 3 goals and 5 assists in a very decent team. For context, he scored 15 and assisted 5 for us when we were promoted (and 5 & 7 when we got to the play-offs). Trossard has contributed 3 goals and 4 assist in 16 less apps in a division higher.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
IOn a side note I've just told my 10 year old (on his birthday) that it looks like Knocky is off to Fulham permanently, he wasn't happy, a few tears were shed as Knocky has been his favourite player since he joined the club (which coincided with my son starting to go more regularly to games). Bad parenting on my part.

No, no, he will thank you later. "Thank you for teaching me to cope with bad news early in life". You should tell him about the starvation in Yemen when you have dinner tonight.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
£10m is a handy fee for the club in the current circumstances.

I agree with this. Loved Knocky but he couldn’t do it regularly in the Premier League and clearly struggled with playing Potterball (i.e pass and move) during the close season.

I’ve got a hunch that Fulham will be in the Championship next season so hopefully he’ll have a brilliant season for them.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
No, no, he will thank you later. "Thank you for teaching me to cope with bad news early in life". You should tell him about the starvation in Yemen when you have dinner tonight.

Bit of a downer for a 10th birthday don't you think?

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
He is to Premier League wingers what Chris Hughton is to Premier League managers.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
people saying he could not quite make it i the PL , well funny enough you could say that about most of the squad who have good days and then not so good days but he could win matches. We currently have no one one who compares , Trossard is closest but still runs hot & cold and probably can't play a full 90 mins.

In the context of a season then AK coming on as an impact player would say he is worth more than £10m , certainly better than Ali J or Locadia, don't think we sold him for his football more likely because of his off the park reputation.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Love how people are still reacting in shock to this news. Was always the end game of this deal and all to circumvent FFP for Fulham as they didn’t have headroom in their budget in last years accounts to sign him and now they do.
Why love that people are disappointed? He was an amazing player for us imo.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I feel he has been replaced in the squad by Trossard and Mc Allister so as good as he was for us, we won't miss him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Why love that people are disappointed? He was an amazing player for us imo.

I think he is saying this was a done deal last summer - so even though it is now confirmed, it is not unexpected.

He is a very good championship player and at his age Fulham is a great club to be at especially if he can get promoted for a 3rd time

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Love how people are still reacting in shock to this news. Was always the end game of this deal and all to circumvent FFP for Fulham as they didn’t have headroom in their budget in last years accounts to sign him and now they do.

Haven't seen anybody shocked or surprised. We all knew this was coming but he was a fans favourite and many of us are sad to see him go.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Whatever anyone says, he WAS or COULD be good enough for us now, it’s opinion and we’ll never know. Different players in different teams and surroundings perform differently. I stand by I feel he’s a lot better than other players we have and so dangerous to have in our squad. And although he can be stroppy, all this temperament talk has escalated since he left - everyone loved him in our promotion season etc and at Chelsea this season that showed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here