Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We can't just decide who to sell - maybe nobody wants to buy any of them. If somebody wants Knocky for £15M that is at least worth thinking about - that's probably more than we'd get at the moment for the ones you want to get rid of as a job lot anyway.

Does it not speak volumes that the only winger that’s gathering interest is Knockaert?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
FWIW (nothing).
AK has had everything afforded to him by his manager, who seemingly knew him inside and out. Yet failed to become a consistent Premier League player, over 2 full season's.

But in that time I think he still showed considerably more than the 'Championship at best, drive him there myself' brigade will have us believe.

I think those that want him gone are cray-cray.
But
I do think £15m is even crazier.

So I guess that means I think the club should take the money, which has rather surprised me.
If only we were talking about £5m - £8m.

Apart from the freedom of playing attacking football.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Does it not speak volumes that the only winger that’s gathering interest is Knockaert?
That'll be because moves start with informal calls asking if the player is interested. Alireza has already indicated 'no' to these - so interest ends before transfer fees are even discussed. I'm sure it is the same for some other players.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That'll be because moves start with informal calls asking if the player is interested. Alireza has already indicated 'no' to these - so interest ends before transfer fees are even discussed. I'm sure it is the same for some other players.

If a team want a player that badly they’ll get him...can’t imagine anyone wanting Alireza that much.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

hmmm... so you really believe another club would currently pay 15m or more for AJ? No chance. They would probably have offered less than half of that, so we would have said no, even if AJ wanted out...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
hmmm... so you really believe another club would currently pay 15m or more for AJ? No chance. They would probably have offered less than half of that, so we would have said no, even if AJ wanted out...
That is not what I was commenting about. I was saying that there are no offers for Alireza in the press because he is saying 'no' at the initial informal sounding out. Before fees are even considered.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd hope that Potter will find a way to get the best out of Knocky. It seems to me that he has to mature and adapt his game to the higher level we're at. He can't be as he was in the Championship, with defenders slower and more easily fooled. Under Potter i'd expect an attacking force who ebb and flow in tandem, so it is less of a one-man show when the ball is at Knocky's feet, the dribbles and twists and over-emotional lunges being a little lesser.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apart from the freedom of playing attacking football.

He has had two seasons in the Premier League, we were not playing uber-conservative in each and every single minute of every single game. Besides, when has Knocky listened to anyone like his manager?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This Harry Wilson love fest is a joke too. Hits a few decent free kicks so we’ve got fans stroking over him, I swear people forget how good Knockaert was in the Championship.
Someone went as far as saying Wilson would be our best player ffs. Never kicked a ball at PL level & surely the Everton’s and West Ham’s would be all over him if he was rated.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I hope Knocky stays but if he is being offered more money, more time on the pitch, walking off the pitch with a greater win rate and possibly being part of a promotion winning team, I'd go.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I hope Knocky stays but if he is being offered more money, more time on the pitch, walking off the pitch with a greater win rate and possibly being part of a promotion winning team, I'd go.

However, playing in the Premier League under a manager who knows how to get the very best from him, plays to his strengths, and his mentor and friend Bruno is still around every day.... I'd stay.

I'd be genuinely gutted if he left, but would understand his reasons if he did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here