Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
It’s all about opinions and my opinion is this is fecking ridiculous

Love him or hate him, knocky was the ONE PLAYER you would look forward to seeing playing on a Saturday

Yes there were times when he was petulant, sulky, ball greedy, but there were also times when he was sublime...a silky skilful winger who would take a player on, no matter who he was. He was an entertainer, a joy to watch and in a sea of mediocrity he was a shining beacon of what old fashioned wing play was.

Now we are getting rid of him to give an Iranian who isn’t half the player knocks is, an untried Belgian who has never played in the premier, locadia who we have seen precious little to tell us he is a half decent footballer and March who is injury prone and goes missing time after time, a game in his position when they are not as good as him.

This is just bat shit crazy and I really Hope potter and this football director bloke knows what they are doing, because if we don’t hit the ground running and we are looking for creativity and a spark of genius, he is now to be playing his trade at Fulham.
Nailed it. Utterly bewildering decision and for a pittance.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He's gone , we have to carry on.

Has he? Have they even agreed the deal yet, let alone asked him about it?

FWIW a loan makes sense as we're quite likely to be relegated and could then keep him for a promotion push. A future fee of £10M doesn't make much sense.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It's probably down to wages, no?

He was in my gym the Monday after getting sent off against whoever it was a few months ago. I suppose if you were stonily cynical you could call it a lack of awareness or attention seeking, but I respected him for turning up in a public gym two days after some of our wonderful fans were threatening to chin him. Looked in incredibly good condition, even compared to El-Abd, who resembles a cheery Olympic caveman every time he's in. Vive le petit magicien etc etc.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It’s all about opinions and my opinion is this is fecking ridiculous

Love him or hate him, knocky was the ONE PLAYER you would look forward to seeing playing on a Saturday

Yes there were times when he was petulant, sulky, ball greedy, but there were also times when he was sublime...a silky skilful winger who would take a player on, no matter who he was. He was an entertainer, a joy to watch and in a sea of mediocrity he was a shining beacon of what old fashioned wing play was.

Now we are getting rid of him to give an Iranian who isn’t half the player knocks is, an untried Belgian who has never played in the premier, locadia who we have seen precious little to tell us he is a half decent footballer and March who is injury prone and goes missing time after time, a game in his position when they are not as good as him.

This is just bat shit crazy and I really Hope potter and this football director bloke knows what they are doing, because if we don’t hit the ground running and we are looking for creativity and a spark of genius, he is now to be playing his trade at Fulham.

So true... brilliant post...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

FWIW a loan makes sense as we're quite likely to be relegated and could then keep him for a promotion push. A future fee of £10M doesn't make much sense.

No, we need an up-front fee now, so we can replace him... and £10M, if true, is a ****ing awful price...

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

I guess one issue is that (as far as I know) he’ll only have 2 years left on his contract when the £10m is due.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good business if we can get that for a man who we paid £3m for and then had his best years in The Championship.

You are joking, right... a) the market values now are far higher than when we signed him, and b) he is the best winger we have... a borderline relegation threatened team... joke decision / joke price...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
For all the folk who keep saying this is a good sell for football reasons, how do you justify the appalling price we’re selling at?

In today’s hyper inflated market we’re practically giving the best player in the championship away.

Please justify that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
To me the Knocky debate is similar to the Hughton one.

Do you stick with someone who did very well for you 2 years ago, but has struggled since? Or do you take a calculated risk, and sign a manager and players who could, potentially, take you to the next level?

Yes, there is a chance it may not work, (although I don't think anyone who saw us get 1 point from those 5 winnable home games, will think getting a new manager in is a risk), but you have to move forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here