Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know he's an ace dribbler but if only he could learn to get his head up instead of constantly looking at his feet he might have just cut it for us in the premier league.
Yep, there's enough footballing reasons to suggest the club has made the right decision.

Quite why posters feel the need to besmirch the memory of his time at the club on top of that, is all a little undignified.

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I must have been lucky over the years as I've not met a Fulham fan yet who's been a tosser.

I'm just happy that Knocky will be getting the adulation he loves and needs, and will no doubt be really enjoying his football if they're banging the goals in and winning games.

Only you would nose about Knocky's football enjoyment. :)

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Rumours going about that AK was kicking off in training quite regularly and generally being disruptive.

I posted last season that I’ve got a mate who knows a fair few Brighton playes and goes out drinking with them.

He always said that Knockaert is an absolute bellend and you could tell he got on a lot of the other players nerves after a while too. Obviously though saying something negative about a current Brighton player meant I was lying and looking for attention.

Shame the search function on this site is so shit.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I posted last season that I’ve got a mate who knows a fair few Brighton playes and goes out drinking with them.

He always said that Knockaert is an absolute bellend and you could tell he got on a lot of the other players nerves after a while too. Obviously though saying something negative about a current Brighton player meant I was lying and looking for attention.

Somethings are best left unsaid. Boasting about having said something that should have been left unsaid is on another level altogether.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He got on their nerves so much, they all made the effort to go to France to support him when his Dad died, and to pay tribute when they scored the goal of the season.
They all seemed pretty happy to let him lead the singing when celebrating, too.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He got on their nerves so much, they all made the effort to go to France to support him when his Dad died, and to pay tribute when they scored the goal of the season.
They all seemed pretty happy to let him lead the singing when celebrating, too.

Yes, because the two scenarios could in no possible way at all be true. Nope. Not at all. No chance.

Somethings are best left unsaid. Boasting about having said something that should have been left unsaid is on another level altogether.

Shouldn’t be left unsaid? :lolol:

Professional footballer might be a bit of a bellend. Yes, what a horrendous thing to say.

Some people on this forum are like 12 year olds who can’t hear a negative word about their favourite celebrities or they piss their Brighton pyjamas so they can scream, cry and stamp their feet.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, because the two scenarios could in no possible way at all be true. Nope. Not at all. No chance.

Shouldn’t be left unsaid? :lolol:

Professional footballer might be a bit of a bellend. Yes, what a horrendous thing to say.

Some people on this forum are like 12 year olds who can’t hear a negative word about their favourite celebrities or they piss their Brighton pyjamas so they can scream, cry and stamp their feet.

You seem very upset that we don't believe your mate, whoever they are. Some vague story about some night out by a mate of a Brighton fan.
Commonly known as hearsay.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
You seem very upset that we don't believe your mate, whoever they are. Some vague story about some night out by a mate of a Brighton fan.
Commonly known as hearsay.

Not particularly arsed, just find the attitude on NSC pathetic sometimes.

Negative story about a Palace player - Everyone believes it.
Positive story about an Albion player - Everyone believes it.
Negative story about an Albion player - You’re making it up. It shouldn’t be posted on here etc etc.

If you know the right people then there are numerous reports of AK being a bit of a big time charlie over the last couple of years; and there have even been public displays that his temperament might not be the best; but some on NSC have this weird thing where they can’t believe a single negative thing about the club no matter what. Blind loyalty just seems a bit childish to me, that’s all.

As for what I was told, I’m obviously not going to go in to massive detail but I have no reason to doubt what I was told and I know for a fact that the bloke who told me it is friendly with a couple of players who were involved in the ‘drinking culture’ around the club in the last 2-3 years. There are lots of things that can explain AK’s alleged shitty behaviour. I can tell you from personal experience that drinking and depression isn’t always a pretty mix. It doesn’t negate for me the brilliant things he did on the football pitch, or the memories he created for me & other Brighton fans but let’s just say I wasn’t as surprised as most when he was shown the door pretty sharpish under Potter.

One of my best mates also works for a debt recovery company and has had to deal with a Brighton player who is quite happy racking up parking fines, waiting until he gets a letter through from the debt recovery company in question and then paying the fine off in one hit. However that’s another story for another day.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not particularly arsed, just find the attitude on NSC pathetic sometimes.

Negative story about a Palace player - Everyone believes it.
Positive story about an Albion player - Everyone believes it.
Negative story about an Albion player - You’re making it up. It shouldn’t be posted on here etc etc.

If you know the right people then there are numerous reports of AK being a bit of a big time charlie over the last couple of years; and there have even been public displays that his temperament might not be the best; but some on NSC have this weird thing where they can’t believe a single negative thing about the club no matter what. Blind loyalty just seems a bit childish to me, that’s all.

As for what I was told, I’m obviously not going to go in to massive detail but I have no reason to doubt what I was told and I know for a fact that the bloke who told me it is friendly with a couple of players who were involved in the ‘drinking culture’ around the club in the last 2-3 years. There are lots of things that can explain AK’s alleged shitty behaviour. I can tell you from personal experience that drinking and depression isn’t always a pretty mix. It doesn’t negate for me the brilliant things he did on the football pitch, or the memories he created for me & other Brighton fans but let’s just say I wasn’t as surprised as most when he was shown the door pretty sharpish under Potter.

One of my best mates also works for a debt recovery company and has had to deal with a Brighton player who is quite happy racking up parking fines, waiting until he gets a letter through from the debt recovery company in question and then paying the fine off in one hit. However that’s another story for another day.

It is well known that he was depressed, as he'd lost his brother, his father & was going through a divorce. I'm sure he did drink, but that's not quite the same thing as his team mates not tolerating him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yep, there's enough footballing reasons to suggest the club has made the right decision.

Quite why posters feel the need to besmirch the memory of his time at the club on top of that, is all a little undignified.

Re first para - perhaps

Second para - quite, same with Hughton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If you know the right people then there are numerous reports of AK being a bit of a big time charlie over the last couple of years; and there have even been public displays that his temperament might not be the best

So why not leave it at that?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Discussing something Brighton related on a Brighton forum.

Christ, who’d have thought?

Well, judging by the response on here, no-one is interested in - or impressed by - your gossip.

But, hey, knock yourself out...

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Well, judging by the response on here, no-one is interested in - or impressed by - your gossip.

I’d hazard a guess the people who liked it took some interest from it, but hey-ho.

As I said, the weird mantra on here from a lot of people that every Brighton player is absolutely perfect on and off the pitch and can never ever be questioned is strange. If someone posted a story that AK had been described really positively by someone they knew then people would be tripping over themselves to get their tongue lodged up the posters rectum. I just find this weird pedestal grown adults are putting footballers on a bit strange, and slightly sad.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I’d hazard a guess the people who liked it took some interest from it, but hey-ho.

As I said, the weird mantra on here from a lot of people that every Brighton player is absolutely perfect on and off the pitch and can never ever be questioned is strange. If someone posted a story that AK had been described really positively by someone they knew then people would be tripping over themselves to get their tongue lodged up the posters rectum. I just find this weird pedestal grown adults are putting footballers on a bit strange, and slightly sad.

I think perhaps you might be misconstruing how people are reacting here chap.

I don't think anyone has absolutely said AK was a thoroughly wonderful chap in aspects of life, and I doubt he's ever helped out at the cake stall at his local church fete - and yes, I'm sure he can be an arse like everyone can be at times.

What the general feeling is though, is that he's gone now - so a mild character assassination is a bit pointless? I don't think you're being called a liar, and neither is your pal - it's just the relevance which is being brought into question perhaps. :)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

knockout.png
hqdefault.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
ak.jpg

"Brilliant! Anthony Knockaert puts Fulham ahead with a magical strike.

The winger picks up the ball 30 yards from goal and simply chips it over Sam Johnstone into the corner of the net.

Sometimes those go in when they're meant to be crosses. Not that time. Completely deliberate from the Frenchman."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/49568450

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here