Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9492342/fulham-knockaert-transfer-15m-premier-league/

ANTHONY KNOCKAERT is on Fulham's wanted list as they target an instant return to the Premier League.

The Cottagers have made contact with Brighton and while a formal offer has yet to be made, a £15million fee has been discussed.

The winger scored four times for the Seagulls last season

Knockaert will be tempted to drop down a division by the prospect of a hefty increase in his wages which are believed to be around £40,000 a week.

Fulham see the 27-year-old Frenchman as the ideal player to score and create goals out wide.

It is a position the club are keen to fill following the exits of Ryan Babel, Andre Schurrle and the expected departure of Ryan Sessegnon to Tottenham.

Knockaert has proven pedigree in the second tier having won the Championship player of the year during Brighton's promotion season in 2017.

That campaign he hit 15 league goals as Albion finished runners-up to Newcastle.

But he has struggled to replicate that level in the Premier League and with Brighton fully stocked out wide, they could be tempted to cash in.

Fulham have made their intentions clear of gunning for promotion back to the top flight at the first attempt with the contract renewals of stars Tom Cairney and Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm pretty sure I said it last season, possibly in connection with Leeds, but for a promotion-chasing Championship side, Knockaert makes a lot of sense, and would boost the chances of most getting promoted.

£15m feels about right too.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This. Again it’s about value to us. He scored 3 goals and got six assists in a dog shit attacking team last season so to replace that is c£20-30m all day long.

Splash the cash Fernandez or jog on.

Fernandez?

Are you thinking of Tony Fernades, the owner of QPR...?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Would be a big shame because when his head is in the right place he can still be brilliant. The prospect of him in an attacking team again is also something that has been making me look forward to this season.

Find it crazy that a team that spent so much last year is going all out again especially with the article saying that they would increase his 40k wages. The game has gone mad

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Would be a big shame because when his head is in the right place he can still be brilliant.

Which has rarely happened since we have been in the Premier League, time to upgrade

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
£15million, deal done. He's a Championship player in my opinion, but a bloody good one. He's the ideal signing for teams wanting to get promoted and I'd imagine he'd much better enjoy being the main man in the Championship again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He will be pushed rather than jump if he goes imo

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here