Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
A lot of people overreacting to us selling a forth/fifth choice winger. Sentiment aside, we want to remain a premier league side, we need to act like one.
Thanks for the memories Knocky, best of luck at Fulham.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Agree the fee is to low but if its a £5 million loan fee and £10 million at the end, then were back to the original sum (still too low imho), if they dont take up the option they lose the loan fee and we get AK back.

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
FFS. I cant see any logic with the decisions being made at the club anymore.
Best manager we've ever had keeps us up in the Prem for 2 years - gets sacked
Appoints manager with no experience of any major league.
Repeatedly breaking club transfer records with absolute duds that wouldn't make it in the championship.
Let our ONLY creative player leave now we're supposed to be playing attacking football.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Agree the fee is to low but if its a £5 million loan fee and £10 million at the end, then were back to the original sum (still too low imho), if they dont take up the option they lose the loan fee and we get AK back.

Knocky destined to help Fulham up and then rejoins us in The Championship.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There was the championship Knocky and then there was the Premier Knocky.
As much as he’s given me joy, one was certainly better than the other.
Did you really expect similar play when most of the time the team was entrenched in the last third of the pitch?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let our ONLY creative player leave now we're supposed to be playing attacking football.

If that were the case we'd have left the Premier League after the first season with less points than the UK on Eurovision night.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
suspect he may well have decided he wanted out the minute he heard of CH departure - they held each other in very high regard - ones success was dependant on the other

can't remember last time a player leaving felt this bad - Bruno and AK on the wing are memories to treasure

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
There was the championship Knocky and then there was the Premier Knocky.
As much as he’s given me joy, one was certainly better than the other.

Can’t dispute that, but at least he’s shown flashes that he can do it in the Premier League, Alireza hasn’t, Trossard hasn’t, Izquierdo has occasionally. Our wide options look pretty pathetic and horribly predictable right now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If the deal is a loan-with-buy, then it's a loan-with-buy - Fulham won't be able to change their mind on the last part of it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can’t dispute that, but at least he’s shown flashes that he can do it in the Premier League, Alireza hasn’t, Trossard hasn’t, Izquierdo has occasionally. Our wide options look pretty pathetic and horribly predictable right now.

AK has had 1 full season more than Ali and 2 full seasons more than Drossard.

Neither player would set the world alight if all they did was matched AK's production from those 2 seasons.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the deal is a loan-with-buy, then it's a loan-with-buy - Fulham won't be able to change their mind on ‘d last part of it.

Given the money they spent last season and the fact that they have parachute payments you’d think we could insist on a not so expensive outright purchase for the Championship player of the year three seasons ago?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Potter out.

Why sell one of our best and most popular players for a tiny fee?

How to alienate the fanbase in one easy step

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I hope there's some background reason I'm not aware of - because this seems like a crazy idea. If we're not doing well and he's knocking in goals in the Championship we're probably going to look rather foolish.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here