Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yes, somebody mentioned on here yesterday that that is what The S*n reported. Put like that, it looks like a great deal for Fulham - they can use him to get promoted, and then give him back (OK, plus $4M) when they don't want him in the PL - but I can't see it's that great a deal for us. Who actually decides whether Fulham hand him back or buy him after the season - do we have a say? Even if they do buy, £10M doesn't seem great business on our behalf.

I could understand us selling him for a good price, but this deal does look a bit odd. Almost as if we were trying to get shot of him for some reason ....................

The deal certainly doesn't look as if it's been negotiated by a skilled set of businessmen/women.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't think this decision is anything to with Potter. I think Potter is just purely a coach and transfers seem to be in Ashworth's hands. A sign of things to come.
Very sad day for me when are clubs transfer policy is not dictated by the the guy choosing the tactics.

I'd hazard a guess that you're talking just a load of bollocks.

Do you really think the club are going to sack Hughton, bring in a promising young manager then tie his hands behind his back! :facepalm:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
In terms of a departure, I'm not that surprised - in terms of the deal I'm befuddled. As Cicero once quipped just after lunchtime in the forum: "What the **** is going on?"

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was never convinced Knocky could make it in the top league, he has struggled, yes some brilliance but mainly quite a struggle and he left Leicester once promoted.

He is only on form when playing a team on top of their game but not in the Premier League and also I think he looks at time petulant, probably disruptive and high maintenance.

However we did see him in his prime and it was was superb and a real treat but this is the Premier League that takes no prisoners.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I was never convinced Knocky could make it in the top league, he has struggled, yes some brilliance but mainly quite a struggle and he left Leicester once promoted.

He is only on form when playing a team on top of their game but not in the Premier League and also I think he looks at time petulant, probably disruptive and high maintenance.

However we did see him in his prime and it was was superb and a real treat but this is the Premier League that takes no prisoners.

I agree with this sentiment to be honest, but the deal is very odd on every level.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Not enough nouse and not fast enough, very good championship player though; I think this a significant departure from a CH looking squad, watch this space.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Not enough nouse and not fast enough, very good championship player though; I think this a significant departure from a CH looking squad, watch this space.

Why not just get rid of most of the squad? He was still better than most of what we have.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
That's a totally crap deal for us...what the fu ck are the club doing?

Making way for a better winger to come in and not having the wage bill of AK to pay at the same time I would imagine. I suspect there has been quite a lot of growing discontent behind the scenes that we don't know about as well.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I agree with this sentiment to be honest, but the deal is very odd on every level.

Possibly, however not clear how long his contract is.

What it does do is free up a significant wage so perhaps the club has a replacement already waiting ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why not just get rid of most of the squad? He was still better than most of what we have.

On what basis in the last two seasons.

A wonder goal against CPFC, agreed but two straight reds and not much else

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'm sad to see him go as he was always a buzz to watch and didn't hide from having a go.

However, having watched him often moan and groan at his colleagues on the pitch, throw his arms up and bitch at them I'm not convinced his team mates will be sad to see him go.

Chalking this one up to moved on for reasons of team unity and #together (which totally fell apart at times last season).

Fully expect him to be a success at Fulham but maybe he is one of those players that needs to move on every 2-3 seasons.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Someone posted this on Twitter. Nicely sums up how ridiculous this deal is:

Brighton's Anthony Knockaert has joined Fulham on loan. The Frenchman, who had more assists last year than Wilfried Zaha, Dele Alli and Gerard Deulofeu was no longer needed at free-scoring, chance-a-minute Brighton, who also didn't require a transfer fee #bhafc #ffc https://t.co/rSxAzpjHQh

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Brighton's Anthony Knockaert has joined Fulham on loan. The Frenchman, who had more assists last year than Wilfried Zaha, Dele Alli and Gerard Deulofeu was no longer needed at free-scoring, chance-a-minute Brighton, who also didn't require a transfer fee #bhafc #ffc https://t.co/rSxAzpjHQh

OK so what neither of us know is what is his attitude etc

I seriously think he needed moving on

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
OK so what neither of us know is what is his attitude etc

I seriously think he needed moving on

If something emerges over the next few days which makes it clear the club had no real choice but to let him go, fair enough. But even then the deal itself is a terrible one. Possibly £10m next year when the squad needs strengthening now?

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
He excited and frustrated in equal measure. I feel equally excited (at the prospect of signing fresh/consistent creativity to replace him) and frustrated to lose our most creative player.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

If only that were true. They need to double check their stats.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If something emerges over the next few days which makes it clear the club had no real choice but to let him go, fair enough. But even then the deal itself is a terrible one. Possibly £10m next year when the squad needs strengthening now?

You seriously think that IF there was a problem with AK the club are going to tell everybody? There are almost THREE WEEKS left in this transfer window-what do you think happens at this time of year? The Albion wait until the last minute to start looking for suitable players? I'm pretty sure that work has been taking place to strengthen the team/squad and the new Albion don't let the world know until it is a done deal. Or close to a done deal.

You say that this deal is a terrible one-what would have made it a good one in your eyes?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here