Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That wasn't my question. :facepalm:

What was your question? It's a parody account but everything in that tweet is true. How can 'free-scoring' Brighton offload one of our best attackers with more assists than Zaha, Dele Ali, etc. It's ridiculous.

You're the one being dumb.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You would rather keep March ??? As a winger he’s shite.

You must be the fella who sits about 5 rows behind me in the North stand.
Constantly spouting shite about March.

Absolute blinkered nonsense every time he's on the ball.

I take it you will be surprised if March starts a game under Potter, because we will have better options for Potterball?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Wouldn’t surprise me if we go for wing backs for large parts of the season. Bernardo on the left, then either Montoya or March on the right. In fact I believe March has the attributes and discipline to make a fantastic wingback. Were this the case, we wouldn’t need as many wingers. Both AJ and Trossard look more suited to playing through the middle in a more fluid ACM role than AK.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
One of the many glorious memories was 1 hour before the playoff semi 2nd leg.

We knew it was going to be a tough ask. 2 down and the first team decimated with injuries.
Knocky clearly wouldn't play as he was carried off the pitch a few days earlier.

Then the team news came out.
Knocky starts!! How the ****! What a lift for us, what a shock for massive!

The whole ground roared out we've got Knockaert for what seemed like ages.
That started building the best atmosphere ever at the Amex.

And he was immense in that first half.
Wednesday, il prepared and scared to death by him.

God knows how many injections he had, just to make it onto the pitch that day.

And if that free kick had gone in, we might have made it through.

Saw a photo of his ankle after the game... it was a horrible mess of evil looking bruises..

Hero.
Legend

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Those players, Are they male?

Trossard isn’t unproven
And all reports say
Dunk isn’t going anywhere
We intend to make more signings
We’ve been linked with multiple expensive players you have heard of, of which some aren’t foreign and aren’t headed for the u23s.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The club has proved time and again that money is not their motivator, so that leaves only that either Knocky wanted to go or the club wanted him out.

Thanks for the memories.

It's possible that after yet another winger gets signed, with other more obvious gaps around the squad, that Knocky thought "fair enough, you clearly don't rate me, I've done evererything I can. Time to move on"

in many ways I hope that was the scenario and the club have not stood in his way.

He deserves to leave on his terms IMO.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Straw clutching here, but that would at least make sense

And why wouldn't they be announced at the same time? Are we relying on some sort of gentleman's agreement from Fulham to carry out a deal they say they'll carry out?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
So his value is now nothing? From Championship player of the year whom Newcastle allegedly were willing to pay 18 million for three years ago, to a player that we have to send out on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season. Maybe the undisclosed fee is massive if Fulham get promoted :shrug:

Or maybe they don't take up the option to buy if they go up, as he's done the job they brought him in for.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
What was your question? It's a parody account but everything in that tweet is true. How can 'free-scoring' Brighton offload one of our best attackers with more assists than Zaha, Dele Ali, etc. It's ridiculous.

You're the one being dumb.

Solly March had the same assists as AK last season.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
1) Why would Potter do this? Knocky is, (was) at the very least our 2nd best wide man. Almost certainly our best. At the very least, you'd want him to come off the bench if we're 1-0 down with 20 mins left
2) The thought that we might be still be paying some of his wages had occurred to me as well. If we're paying a penny, it surely ranks as the worst deal in our history
3) Well, lets get those "other irons" in first, then think about who we can let go. That's what all the other clubs do
4) Well we can tell them, A) have you seen the competition in our squad? You'll probably get it. B) You signed a 4 year deal
5) Managed decline. What a great strategy. What about another strategy, whereby we try to stay up be keeping hold of our best players

Maybe.....
1) Potter made it clear he won't figure regularly in his plans
2) Fulham have agreed to pay ALL his wages on loan. They have been trying to get him for a long time.
3) We have other ' irons in the fire ' and needed to free up his wages.
4) The player + agent made it clear that they would prefer regular football.
5) We want to keep options open in case of relegation. A year on, it might make more sense to bring back AK and release certain other players.

Beyond this...I can't think of any other reasons.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well said sir

One of the many glorious memories was 1 hour before the playoff semi 2nd leg.

We knew it was going to be a tough ask. 2 down and the first team decimated with injuries.
Knocky clearly wouldn't play as he was carried off the pitch a few days earlier.

Then the team news came out.
Knocky starts!! How the ****! What a lift for us, what a shock for massive!

The whole ground roared out we've got Knockaert for what seemed like ages.
That started building the best atmosphere ever at the Amex.

And he was immense in that first half.
Wednesday, il prepared and scared to death by him.

God knows how many injections he had, just to make it onto the pitch that day.

And if that free kick had gone in, we might have made it through.

Saw a photo of his ankle after the game... it was a horrible mess of evil looking bruises..

Hero.
Legend

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Maybe we want one of their players?

The Knocky Deal means that this other transfer now goes through?

I really hope there's something in that. Massive leap of faith to believe that's the case though.

This latest development has me absolutely flabergasted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here