Page 118 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1849

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by portslade seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we keep the same players with no further additions relegation is nailed on. I would like to think new signings will come or there was no point changing the manager
    ....or, the manager needed to be changed because he was getting so little out of the players.......
    "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

7 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
      Sigh, nobody has said the window is shut because we all know it’s still open, we all know the club at saying that they’re trying to recruit, but until such times as those players arrive we appear to have an incredibly limited squad which will be battling relegation. This has nothing to do with losing to Fulham, this has everything to do with needing reinforcements. Hopefully they will come in the next 3 weeks, but until they do let’s not chastise those that are talking about the CURRENT squad of players.
      It is incredibly frustrating that we haven’t made signings that we think we need bit for the same people to repeat on a daily basis that we need signings is quite annoying. We all know we need them, we’ll just have to keep patient and trust the club to get them. If they don’t then, yes I agree, we will probably go down. The time to worry and have a go is if the window shuts without more signings.

Unlike in days gone by we have the funds so we shouldn’t just be hoping, we should be expecting them. I am also bored with PB telling us how difficult it is EVERY window. We have got the message and the club have to find a way around it or suffer the consequences.
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff
      Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      It is incredibly frustrating that we haven’t made signings that we think we need bit for the same people to repeat on a daily basis that we need signings is quite annoying. We all know we need them, we’ll just have to keep patient and trust the club to get them. If they don’t then, yes I agree, we will probably go down. The time to worry and have a go is if the window shuts without more signings.

Unlike in days gone by we have the funds so we shouldn’t just be hoping, we should be expecting them. I am also bored with PB telling us how difficult it is EVERY window. We have got the message and the club have to find a way around it or suffer the consequences.
      As ever; well said.

I feel like we're (the club) rifling through the record crates at the back of a dingy charity shop hoping to find that #6-10 copy of the White album... trembling as the incompetent volunteer granny tries gamely to operate the new fangled EPOS system... COME ON WOMAN...

Argghhhhhhh
      Last edited by Kosh; 21-07-2019 at 13:23.
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post

This

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Best winger. The competition wasn’t exactly hot last year was it.
      If we're making signings that means the competition for best winger this year will be harder, then great, we move on. But until we make those signings (we know very little about Trossard so far), then the competition this year looks set to be the same, so if he's the best we have, it's daft to offload him on the cheap.
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      All we know for sure is that 11 players wearing the stripes or equivalent will turn up for the opening game of the season. And pretty sure we'll know our ultimate fate by the end of September after our first tranche of winnable games.

Unless of course Plan B is to go head-mental in the January transfer window by which time last season's duffers will have been finally confirmed as this season's duffers by the Hard Of Thinking.

'Unshackled' my arse
      Last edited by Tom Hark, Preston Park; 21-07-2019 at 13:21.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny RoastBeef View Post
      Newcastle are just replacing Rondon.

Sheffield are 3 years behind us, And have only spent £10m more than us this summer.

Burnley have only spent £5.9m. If we had done the same you'd be even more worried than you are now.
      Have they already replaced Perez as well?
      Yaztromo's Tower; the borders of Darkwood Forest

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post

'Unshackled' my arse
      Titter.

I do often lie awake at night (with my BHA braded teddy) wondering quite how amazing a fully un-shackled Ali or Jurgen are going to look?!?

If not world beater's then very nearly... surely?!?

At best they're going to be slightly better than they were, which was shit. So slightly less shit... I mean Jesus, I bet Pep and the Kloppinator are already planning just how to stop them!

Bring it on.
      Two dice, a pencil and an eraser are all you need to make your journey... page 400 at last. Rest ye weary traveller.
      I wanna caravan for me ma Bring back Bryan wade!!'s Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Would love to get Cairney in. Knocky and 10m seems fair?
      I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst...
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
      Titter.

I do often lie awake at night (with my BHA braded teddy) wondering quite how amazing a fully un-shackled Ali or Jurgen are going to look?!?

If not world beater's then very nearly... surely?!?

At best they're going to be slightly better than they were, which was shit. So slightly less shit... I mean Jesus, I bet Pep and the Kloppinator are already planning just how to stop them!

Bring it on.
      Shine on @Kosh u crazy diamond
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson