Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Yes, but does your bonus depend on you not spending too much on beer?

Very cynical BW also very likely to be correct. Good effort.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
KNOCKAERT COMPLETES FULHAM MOVE

Brighton & Hove Albion have agreed a loan deal with Fulham for winger Anthony Knockaert.

The 27-year-old Frenchman has signed a one-year loan at Craven Cottage, with the move expected to become permanent for an agreed undisclosed fee at the end of the coming season.

Head coach Graham Potter said, “The move is a good one for the club and Anthony. The wide positions are areas in which we have a lot of competition within the squad.

“I’ve only worked with Anthony for a short period of time, but that’s been a pleasure and he’s been very professional and hardworking throughout pre-season. On behalf of the club, I would like to wish him well with Fulham.”

Knockaert joined Albion from Standard Liege in January 2016, and was a key player in the promotion-winning side in 2016/17, when he also was named as the EFL’s Player of the Season.

Chairman Tony Bloom added, “Anthony will always have a very special place in the history books of our club, as an important member of the side which won our first-ever promotion to the Premier League.

“He played an integral role across that season, and was deservedly named both the Championship and club’s player of the season during that promotion campaign.

“He’s provided some wonderful moments, and on behalf of all Albion fans I would like to thank him for the memories and say good luck for the future.”

Knockaert scored 27 goals in 159 games for Albion, the last of those a memorable strike to clinch a 2-1 win over Crystal Palace in March of this year.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Does anyone know if you can have names and numbers removed from the back of shirts and replaced at the club shop?
I’ve got a very disappointed 8 year old walking around in the new kit but with a Fulham FC players name on the back :ffsparr:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But... Cardiff did beat us twice, and at home we were lucky to beat Huddersfield with a second rate performance... but for a moment of inspired wing play from AK. I struggling to understand your point here tbh... Cardiff were perhaps fortunate to beat us in the first fixture granted, but were miles better than us in the return game. Sadly we were easily the joint third worst team in the league and got away with it... simple fact. Take away Bruno, and AK and I'm worried we've probably edged backwards not forwards thus far.

GP could turn the players into a mid-table outfit, but I'm not sure it'll be all that easy.

Huddersfield were as shocking as us, and offered nothing, we deservedly won. Remembering AJ went close as well.

We were fourth from bottom, so not third worst - that is a fact, but we were poor in the final few months of the season.

Couldn’t agree more re the loss of Bruno and Knockaert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Well that's a crap bit of news, but no point getting titsy over it, it's done and nothing we can do about it.

Bon chance Knocky, thanks for the memories.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Does anyone know if you can have names and numbers removed from the back of shirts and replaced at the club shop?
I’ve got a very disappointed 8 year old walking around in the new kit but with a Fulham FC players name on the back :ffsparr:

Don’t worry. With the windfall of this transfer (great decision by the way) you’ll have several flair names to replace it with soon, according to those on here.

I’m not as confident, unless your kid will be just as chuffed with Hayden on his back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here