Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tom Barclay is reporting that it is a 1 year loan with option to buy for £10m at end of 12 months.
If Fulham don't take up the option then its a £4m loan fee for the season.
I read somewhere that there are specific agreed conditions that determine whether the loan becomes permanent.

It's guesswork what those conditions are, but it may be that albion's survival this season may come into that reckoning ? Amongst other factors. It didn't imply that Fulham can back out at a whim.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
First I've noticed that Knocky has gone to Fulham. Good move for him. I hope he does well there which I'm sure he will.

Ten days and I haven't noticed this? To be fair, I've lost my appetite for football. Im sure it'll be back.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
First I've noticed that Knocky has gone to Fulham. Good move for him. I hope he does well there which I'm sure he will.

Ten days and I haven't noticed this? To be fair, I've lost my appetite for football. Im sure it'll be back.

Noted.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I wouldnt be at all surprised if it was Knockys choice rather than the clubs, perhaps that is the reason for the loan, if he is happier elsewhere then he stays there, if not he can come home.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There is more to this than just a loan. There is a reason, either AK threw his toys out cot or we have 1 or 2 or 3 others to bring in we need to free up some cash. Whilst AK is an enigmatic player he blows hot and cold drifting in and out of games. We need a steadier performer. If he isnt replaced then this is a massive error. If he is replaced then its the right decision. Time will tell but until then its all guess work.

Or its as simple as he expected limited game time (he started 18 games last season and that was under Hughton) , Potter doesn't always play 2 wingers like Hughton, and as Potter said in his quote for the press release - we have lots of competition in that area and he doesn't want to have a player like AK kicking his heels not making the 18 every week. And presumably Potter has further plans for incoming and the club haven't put Izquierdo through 2 operations to watch him spend the season not playing.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
c43d5621174911207093285820b2bc52.jpg

Apologies I haven’t scrolled in case shown already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

This feels like a punch below the belt, we need characters with talent who are heroes and he was both.
He is amongst all the Albion legends and my sons favourite too.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Or its as simple as he expected limited game time (he started 18 games last season and that was under Hughton) , Potter doesn't always play 2 wingers like Hughton, and as Potter said in his quote for the press release - we have lots of competition in that area and he doesn't want to have a player like AK kicking his heels not making the 18 every week. And presumably Potter has further plans for incoming and the club haven't put Izquierdo through 2 operations to watch him spend the season not playing.

Why oh why didn't we loan out Ali J instead if there's "a lot of competition in that area".

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

I totally agree!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Best of luck to AK.

Legend, Hero.

I feel a little uneasy about next season now - we certainly need to bring in a couple of new gods at least.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
This. Our most popular player, and also one of our best. Not going to be given the opportunity to play under a more attacking system. It really is pretty inexplicable. Gutted.

At least it means more game time for a bloke who has literally done nothing for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here