Page 107 of 184 FirstFirst ... 75797104105106107108109110117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1836

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenFreemansPerm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As covered earlier in this very thread, Leicester offered Knockaert a new contract but he was behind RIYAD MAHREZ in the pecking order and wanted first team football, please stop perpetuating this drivel.
    And just why was he behind Riyad Mahrez in the pecking order? Because Leicester realised they needed someone better and bought Riyad Mahrez to take his place perhaps? They may well have offered Knocky a contract, but only to be back-up/play second fiddle to Mahrez.

I know that Knocky had other issues, but that alone might well have been enough to make him say, 'stuff it' anyway. And from Leicester's point of view they'd replaced Knocky with a better player, and they'd 'let him go' without a fuss.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

A tad aggressive.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Murray 17 View Post
      He only played 9 times for them in one season in the PL, so I guess they were trying to protect their investment and stop him leaving for nothing as his contract was almost up.
      There’s a very big difference between protecting your investment so he doesn’t leave for free and offering someone a 5 year deal.
      If you're past 25 and you're still doing gang
      You’re known as a artefact

Kwengface - Fire In The Booth

0 Not allowed!
      Are we supposed to believe Alireza, Locadia, Trossard and Izquierdo came to us for peanuts then?
      I am saying we will save 2.5 mill wages if Knocky goes on loan. The thread is Knocky to Fulham not "Alireza, Locadia, Trossard and Izquierdo" i actually don't give a fart about them regarding this post.

And you like me know nothing, (you may think you do) but you don't.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion Robster View Post
      Incorrect. Knockaert is 27.
      Some would say footballers an hit their peak at 28 years old.
      I was referring to his age in a year’s time. He’ll be 4 months short of his 29th birthday.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel View Post
      There’s a very big difference between protecting your investment so he doesn’t leave for free and offering someone a 5 year deal.
      Apparently it was 4 years, but the maths makes sense. Let's say 20k/week, which means £1m/year. Only need to sell him for £3/4m in the next 2 years (if he's not good enough), and you've made a profit. We've done a similar thing with Tomer Hemed this year.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
      I am saying we will save 2.5 mill wages if Knocky goes on loan. The thread is Knocky to Fulham not "Alireza, Locadia, Trossard and Izquierdo" i actually don't give a fart about them regarding this post.

And you like me know nothing, (you may think you do) but you don't.
      Never claimed to know anything, just stating my opinion. I appreciate you’re clearly worried about the financial outlook of the club, I’m not convinced personally that saving £2.5m in wages is worth it when regarding a player than can make a difference and win us points. Many thanks for your pompous reply.
      What?

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jim in the West View Post
      I was referring to his age in a year’s time. He’ll be 4 months short of his 29th birthday.

So he’ll be 28.
      What?

2 Not allowed!
      Game changer, how many of those do we actually have, strange decision by both player and club, unless he already fell out with the new management I'm at a loss to understand why we would let him leave at such a crucial time.

By the way has he actually signed for Fulham yet or not.
      Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

1 Not allowed!
      So he’ll be 28.
      Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      And just why was he behind Riyad Mahrez in the pecking order? Because Leicester realised they needed someone better and bought Riyad Mahrez to take his place perhaps? They may well have offered Knocky a contract, but only to be back-up/play second fiddle to Mahrez.

I know that Knocky had other issues, but that alone might well have been enough to make him say, 'stuff it' anyway. And from Leicester's point of view they'd replaced Knocky with a better player, and they'd 'let him go' without a fuss.
      Lol. They struck massively lucky with Mahrez, they paid £450k for him and he had had a remarkably average career up to that point, pretty sure he was rattling around in the Leicester stiffs for a year before making a first team appearance. He was a lucky punt that turned to gold, I seriously doubt he was bought to replace Knockaert.
      What?