Page 93 of 188 FirstFirst ... 438390919293949596103143 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We may have a player like this.

A Potter-coached Ali-J this season? Let’s see!
    Just seen some pigs flying past my window.
    *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      He is far from perfect. Everyone acknowledges his shortcomings. But who have we got that is better?
      Itís about evolving and it is clear Bloom is frustrated that we have stalled. As a club we should always strive to keep
      Improving so the recruitment team must have something up their sleeve
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Surrounded by <div>s Grombleton's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      Exactly. Some people seem to think he is as CH experimented with him in that position last season.
      I don't think he was a 'winger' as such. He lined up on the left of a front 3 (as he used to when playing in Holland, I recall reading). It's just that with Hughton's defensive minded approach, he was forced to track back and it made it look like he was a winger.
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      You can't even read and yet you respond. It's really quite sad. Like a beached whale desperately thrashing about on a beach, except there's no one willing to push you back into the sea. Because the whale is a ****.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      It’s about evolving and it is clear Bloom is frustrated that we have stalled. As a club we should always strive to keep
      Improving so the recruitment team must have something up their sleeve
      I, for one, can't wait to see them complete the Locadia, Ali J hat-trick.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dale Jasper View Post
      To those who would see Knockaert head to Fulham for a modest fee....
      Palace away.
      Strip away the emotion and that it’s palace, for a moment .....on a footballing level, how many of our players have it them to produce a moment like that?
      I’m struggling.
      People get hung up on his weaknesses. He certainly has many.
      But what about his strengths.

Unless we are planning to seriously upgrade, we will regret selling him.
      Jose against West Ham twice, Ali J against Huddersfield at home (I know he hit the bar but it was a whisker away)
      Life is like a bowl of AllBran You wake uo every morning and it's there.

0 Not allowed!
      In my opinion AK transfer listed himself with that ridiculous foul/assault towards the back end of last season. Now with a new manager (no doubt made aware of AKs issues), a change of playing style, his age and debatable suitability for the PL, and the offer of reasonable millions in a transfer fee whilst cutting the wage bill, well why wouldn’t TB cash his chips in?

Thanks Knocky, and good luck! All those crying over the departure of a talisman etc etc should remember that players always have, and always will, come and go. The club is forever.
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals

2 Not allowed!
      Like most people on here, I have mixed feelings. It's true that AK has it in him to get us off our seats and the goal at Palace was the extreme example (plus a great memory to leave us with). But those moments were becoming rarer last season. Plus he also has an uncanny ability to pick the wrong option and he could have been red-carded in the opening exchanges of that glorious win at Selhurst.

His signing was arguably the present recruitment regime's greatest triumph (Duffy a close second) and selling him on at a big profit after three and a half years' fantastic service represents a significantly good bit of business. And it just might be the right time. It's my personal opinion that he always played better when Bruno was there to talk him through a game and that, of course, is no longer possible. His departure will also allow Ali J a chance to show what he can do in his best position.

At Fulham he'll be first choice again at a level where we know he can excel and as long as they look after him off the field he'll enjoy himself there. If he helps them up, people might say we let him go too early, but would he have been able to deliver next season in a top division that's getting harder all the time?
      England are still the only team to have won the World Cup wearing red shirts.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dale Jasper View Post
      To those who would see Knockaert head to Fulham for a modest fee....
      Palace away.
      Strip away the emotion and that it’s palace, for a moment .....on a footballing level, how many of our players have it them to produce a moment like that?
      I’m struggling.
      People get hung up on his weaknesses. He certainly has many.
      But what about his strengths.
      Unless we are planning to seriously upgrade, we will regret selling him.
      Solly March. And he has scored similar goals.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      I, for one, can't wait to see them complete the Locadia, Ali J hat-trick.
      My bad, I thought we were still in August 2018 and had the best shrewdest recruitment team in the premier league :-) I canít keep up!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...-chris-hughton
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
      Knocky and Bruno had a real chemistry thing going on there. On its day, that overlapping combo down the right was an absolute joy to watch
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson