Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Everyone has concerns - I'd have been concerned about our squad with or without Knockaert, as he is just one of a group who in attacking terms don't quite look up to it at this level. Now it boils down to whether we bring in the quality we need, and if GP can extract more from what we already have. We're not there yet, but squads need turnover. Churn is healthy. Clinging on to old favourites in the hope they'll suddenly flourish at a higher level is fanciful. Knockaert has plenty going for him, but aside from some isolated moments in the PL I don't see him as being a lynchpin, or crucial to our survival. He was always at his best playing in front of Bruno - and now thats not an option, I'd be left wondering even more what we'd get out of him next season.

In practical terms, IMO, he was no longer crucial to BHA at this level. We need to move on.

Fair comments.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
That could mean all sorts, as some of us have discussed. What if Knockaert wanted it and the club didn't want to rock the boat? It explains the loan rather than sale.

A dignified and diplomatic response by Potter when asked if he would have liked Knocky to stay. Likewise Knocky is unlikely to say that he was desperate to get away.

Best not to speculate any more and move on. It’s happened.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Everyone has concerns - I'd have been concerned about our squad with or without Knockaert, as he is just one of a group who in attacking terms don't quite look up to it at this level. Now it boils down to whether we bring in the quality we need, and if GP can extract more from what we already have. We're not there yet, but squads need turnover. Churn is healthy. Clinging on to old favourites in the hope they'll suddenly flourish at a higher level is fanciful. Knockaert has plenty going for him, but aside from some isolated moments in the PL I don't see him as being a lynchpin, or crucial to our survival. He was always at his best playing in front of Bruno - and now thats not an option, I'd be left wondering even more what we'd get out of him next season.

In practical terms, IMO, he was no longer crucial to BHA at this level. We need to move on.

Very true but untimely he was our best winger and we don't have many good ones at that. March has the potential to be our best winger but very rarely has a great game. If the club think we are well stocked in that area they are making a huge mistake. Knocky needs replacing

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very true but untimely he was our best winger and we don't have many good ones at that. March has the potential to be our best winger but very rarely has a great game. If the club think we are well stocked in that area they are making a huge mistake. Knocky needs replacing

He has been...Trossard

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He has been...Trossard

At the time I thought Trossard was an addition to our squad, not to replace one of them. I still feel we’re woefully under equipped on the flanks but I guess the formation will dictate what personnel we actually need. Am I right in thinking that we only have 2 out and out wingers in March and Izquierdo?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

16 days, or Ali J / Solly will have to step up.

Exciting isn't it ? :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He has been...Trossard

I think everyone is a bit nervous on how good he might actually be given our recent purchases in that area. Players need time to settle etc. but at the moment, they won't have time. Locadia and Jahanbakhsh especially will now have to prove the doubters wrong. We've no wriggle room, no Knocky to throw on in place of poor performances. The money is well and truly where the mouth is at the start of this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here