Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

phoenix

May 18, 2009
He was our best player in the FA Cup Semi-Final and got the goal at Palace.
It was a terrible season for the Albion and from an individual that was quite a good return.

"He was our best player in the FA Cup Semi-Final" which we lost ! He scored against Palace, which we won. "from an individual that was quite a good return" please tell me you are not serious! That's all he could muster ? You have just given the exact reason we should offload him.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
"He was our best player in the FA Cup Semi-Final" which we lost ! He scored against Palace, which we won. "from an individual that was quite a good return" please tell me you are not serious! That's all he could muster ? You have just given the exact reason we should offload him.
In that case we should probably offload all our other players as well.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I know they aren't, they certainly shouldn't be and yet there it is in black and white.

Was it Jurg who scored in the last minute of extra time against Millwall, Which was ruled incorrectly ruled out for offside ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I would agree with nearly all of that, if not for comparison with our other wide players.

I think the question is why him? Why is Knocky moved on when he has outperformed every other wide player in the squad?

I'm sure we could quite easily rip most of our players apart if we wanted to, they each have some pretty glaring faults. That's why they play for us and not a top side, but surely Knockaert did enough when compared to the rest.

Whether it's for personal reasons, to free up high wages or this highest earner clause crap, that is the question people are asking along with some understandable sentiment.

Perhaps no one wants the others as they are shite acording to some posters.. So its only Knocky they want. Quite difficult to sell something (player) no one wants.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
If it's £4M for the loan, or buy at £10M, then it looks like a great deal for Fulham. He can shine in the Championship, get Fulham promoted, and then they can just give him back because they won't want him in the PL.
All speculation though really - doubtless every detail will be "undisclosed" as usual.

Don't forget about 2.5 mil in wages, saved.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Remarkable. We stayed up so we must have got some results.

To justify your opinion you denigrate the whole team.

Mainly the manager actually he convinced them they were shit, so they believed him and played like it.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Why do we need to sell? We have deep pockets.

I never said we need to sell. I don't mind Knocky at all. But we can't get stressed every time a player leaves. But hey they are saving about 45k a week. We haven't sold him according to reports he is a season loanee. Who am i to question people at the club, when i have no idea what's going on ?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Should have tried to do a deal involving bringing Tom Cairney in. Is exactly the type of player we need (and have needed for a while)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here