Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I wonder if any poster will be getting a trifecta of :bounce:s this season.

I know it's incredibly unlikely, all but impossible, but would love:-

- Big Jurg to regularly find the back of net.
- Supplied by Ali, who pitches in with a few himself
- As The Dross dances and skips past players, at will, while kissing the badge and pounding his chest.

There must be one poster and ardent Albion fan who'd be in tears at the prosper of those 3 propelling the team to the dizzying heights of 12th. [emoji38]ol:
I'm sure those of us unhappy about Knocky leaving would also be delighted if the above happened as well. They aren't mutually exclusive as well you know. No one wants the club to do badly but every supporter is entitled to an opinion. Doesn't make anyone a bedwetter.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Ffs people calm down...we need to back TB PB GP AND MOST OF ALL THE PLAYERS! No one knows how this season will pan out but I for one am looking forward to what the season may or may not bring. Put yourself in the shoes of Bury or Bolton fans or rewind 10 years. If it all goes tits up...SO WHAT..
at least we tried something different this season. We had some bloody good times with CH but we've moved on!
Cant wait for the meltdown on here now Maguires move is imminent.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
So the club think Iranian AJ is better going forwards than the mercurial French man?

Back in the day, I fully supported Chris Hughton and Mike Bailey who delivered Brighton's best ever league position ever, and was soon sacked for unrealistic expectations.
Deja vu springs to mind.

Funny you should say that, been thinking that for some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
The only surprise for me, is that its a loan with the option to buy at an agreed fee at the end of the deal.

Does this mean that if Fulham come back up they will pull out of the deal as Knockaert isnot seem as PL standard by other PL teams

Maybe if we go down this season we can get Knocky back if he's only on loan. Everyone seems to agree he is a very good Championship player?

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Just to add a bit of balance to our collective wet mattress about signings, other clubs are in the same boat. Woy of Croydon didn't make any subs in their last friendly because their squad is so thin. Burnley haven't made any signings of note. Haven't heard much from Sheffield who definitely need to add players. Newcastle are in disarray.

But are they selling their best players though?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’s only been gone 3 hours and the rose tinted better than he actually is thing has already kicked in.

Knockaert our best player?!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He’s only been gone 3 hours and the rose tinted better than he actually is thing has already kicked in.

Knockaert our best player?!

I think you will find the rose-tintery and bedwettery has been around for a while on this thread according to some absolutely cringeworthy and embarassing bellends.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
If this is partly due to Potter, then he knows that this maybe unpopular with the fans. If he doesn't get off to a good start, the crowd may turn more quickly than otherwise maybe the case.

I can see 'We've LOST Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert, I just don't think you understand...' ringing out a few times whenever Ali J falls over the ball or Locadia loses possession AGAIN.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
After 45 years supporting Brighton a bit of me has lost all respect of this club. I don’t care if you all think I am a snowflake or the pathetic bedwetter accusation, this management has taken away our most flair players and left us with uninspiring journeymen.

If we are happy that we can lose a game changer then fine, but I for one am f4cked off with this.

..... unless we are about to sign some quality forwards / creative players, and this all part of the overall strategy this summer?

There is zero evidence to date that Locadia and Jahanbakhsh offer that in any greater measure than AK. Under a different coach and system, it’s sink or swim time for quite a few players in the coming months.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
This saddening farewell brings about certain hopes for me, and most are for Knocky rather than us. I hope he can start afresh, keep his temperament in check in a new environment where perhaps there'll be new rules to follow, and shine once more whilst rampaging through the division. And i hope he has a player or two who'll be able to offer the right support network alongside Bruno from afar. For us it's not clear the enormity of what we might get from this deal, for a seeming pittance in a market with grotesque fees flung willy nilly. My hope for us is that we find those with character and personality to take his place, or the team as a whole becomes that, and soon. Bruno no longer leading the field, and now Knocky, means our number of those who will stand out are wilting. I'd say we need our identity reforming a tad and another captain or two, beside Trossard, joining at a reasonable haste.

Besides all that waffle, Knocky you will be sorely missed.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I think it's pretty crazy to let him go. We were DIRE in creating any attacking threat last season. Knockaert at least offers some sublime skills which not many of other players possess

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here