Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Maybe he didn't want to stay after Chris was sacked?

Certainly Chris and the club were very supportive of Knocky with his father’s passing and his self-confessed personal issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I'm not one of his knockers but personally i prefer March on the right to any of the others.

I don’t agree, but what if Solly gets injured? You will be calling on Ali J unless we replace Knocky and, IMHO, you will do well to improve on Knocky at the silly low price we are allegedly selling him for...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don’t agree, but what if Solly gets injured? You will be calling on Ali J unless we replace Knocky and, IMHO, you will do well to improve on Knocky at the silly low price we are allegedly selling him for...

The ideal is a player who can play central attacking midfield and right attacking midfield.

Not sure that 1 of those is on the shopping list, but you never know.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’ve absolutely no doubt we’re going down. I thought that we would last season way before the new year and am still amazed how we didn’t. This league is big big boys cash. Our pocket money just doesn’t cut it sadly.

Yeah cos Sheff Utd, Newcastle, Norwich, Palace and the likes have spent billions, eh? Ridiculous post.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yep gonna be a long season now the transfer window has slammed shut.

We all know the window is still open, still doesn’t mean the squad isn’t crap. It’s no better than last season, and we finished last place of the surviving teams. Until we’ve made significant additions I’ll be worried about our serious lack of quality.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yeah cos Sheff Utd, Newcastle, Norwich, Palace and the likes have spent billions, eh? Ridiculous post.

Newcastle are about to spend £36m on a striker, Sheff Utd have broken their transfer record twice and are up to about £30m in transfers now. Norwich are definitely doing things on the cheap though. No idea what Palace are up to.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Pull yourselves together, have you forgotten where we were in January? We were 13th looking likely to get a mid table finish, until the wheels fell off and Chris decided to try to defend our way to survival.

This squad is good enough to stay up already, and we still have more arrivals coming.

One preseason defeat and the white flags are out already.
I suspect you’ll find that most people’s current pessimism has got absolutely nothing to do with today’s friendly, more to do with the glaring deficiencies in our ‘barely escaped relegation’ squad. If we fill those gaps I’m sure everyone will be a lot more optimistic, regardless of some meaningless results.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Your most welcome, so we should pay somebody ist team wages that the manager may not want to play. Sorry if i seemed pompous.
No worries.
Personally I don’t mind Knockaert being sold, but it’s got to be a fee that’s worthwhile, he was, statistically, our most influential winger last season, I’m annoyed at the seemingly paltry fee. I’d rather keep him than give him away because we know he can perform, not week in week out, but he’s got it in his locker, and maybe he’d be more consistent under the new manager, but he’s not getting that chance apparently.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We all know the window is still open, still doesn’t mean the squad isn’t crap. It’s no better than last season, and we finished last place of the surviving teams. Until we’ve made significant additions I’ll be worried about our serious lack of quality.

I think it's already better than last season because of the man at the helm.
I also think the club will make significant additions in the time they still have available to them.

But most importantly I think the posters who are getting bent out of shape about the 'state of the squad' NOW are being somewhat silly and a little precious,

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Said this on another thread a while back. But the whole ‘together’ ethos was no where to be found last season. There is/was a drinking culture within a segment of the squad alongside an ‘old guard’ clique. Sorting that out and getting back to the ‘together’ basics which served us so well is Potters main task, bigger than any purely footballing decisions about playing squad/style IMO. If Knockaert going is part of that transition, so be it

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I suspect you’ll find that most people’s current pessimism has got absolutely nothing to do with today’s friendly, more to do with the glaring deficiencies in our ‘barely escaped relegation’ squad. If we fill those gaps I’m sure everyone will be a lot more optimistic, regardless of some meaninglessness results.

Very well said, the result yesterday didn't surprise me in the slightest. Fulham car crashed out of the PL with a squad that could have easily survived with a CH type at the helm... They're, on their day, better than us plain and simple. More dynamic and way more potent up top. Defensively suspect, but I always fancied we'd lose to them - and yes, as meaningless as it is/was it's still a fair measure of where 'we' are. The margins between us and the top six in the Champ are tiny.

This whole pre-season reminds me of the Wilkins era... I liked that and like this approach re the youth, but are they up to it?!? We need more quality now, otherwise we're going to go down - simple really. That said relegation wouldn't be a total disaster... at least in the short term. We might win more than 6-8 games!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We could go down, but on balance might just stay up. Same as the start of the last two seasons really.

If we bin off our manager, we have to allow the new guy a chance to do surgery on the squad. I suspect he sees something in Ali J and Locadia and that Hughton didnt get the best out of either. I also reckon Trossard coud prove to be top drawer.

The point of my rambling is that if Potter doesn't want Knocky in the squad, I am happy to bow to his judgement. I absolutely do not think it is purely for footballing reasons though (even though I found Knocky infuriating last year) and suspect he is one part of the attitude problem that was rumoured to be prevailing in the squad last year, not that I know anything about that.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I suspect you’ll find that most people’s current pessimism has got absolutely nothing to do with today’s friendly, more to do with the glaring deficiencies in our ‘barely escaped relegation’ squad. If we fill those gaps I’m sure everyone will be a lot more optimistic, regardless of some meaninglessness results.

I think you are panicking over nothing.

Last season we should have beaten Cardiff at home, if we had we would have finished 8 points clear.

It is common knowledge that we are looking at more signings, so why not hold off on the whinning until after the window shuts?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Said this on another thread a while back. But the whole ‘together’ ethos was no where to be found last season. There is/was a drinking culture within a segment of the squad alongside an ‘old guard’ clique. Sorting that out and getting back to the ‘together’ basics which served us so well is Potters main task, bigger than any purely footballing decisions about playing squad/style IMO. If Knockaert going is part of that transition, so be it
If only I'd waited about two minutes I could instead have just said THIS.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I think it's already better than last season because of the man at the helm.
I also think the club will make significant additions in the time they still have available to them.

But most importantly I think the posters who are getting bent out of shape about the 'state of the squad' NOW are being somewhat silly and a little precious,
Why? It’s a football forum to talk about football, people are discussing their concern about the current squad because that’s how it stands at the moment, obviously if we sign a right back, centre mid and striker these threads will (should) dry up because our deficiencies will have been addressed.
I believe it was right for Hughton to go, but I’m not ready to anoint Potter as the messiah seeing as he’s never managed a PL game in his short career.
As always, we disagree, but I’d say the posters who are getting themselves bent out of shape about other posters discussing the current squad are the ones who are being ‘precious’.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The lads have worked hard and have been quite open-minded and look like they are trying and that is a good sign.”

Encouraging....cough

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Why? It’s a football forum to talk about football, people are discussing their concern about the current squad because that’s how it stands at the moment, obviously if we sign a right back, centre mid and striker these threads will (should) dry up because our deficiencies will have been addressed.
I believe it was right for Hughton to go, but I’m not ready to anoint Potter as the messiah seeing as he’s never managed a PL game in his short career.
As always, we disagree, but I’d say the posters who are getting themselves bent out of shape about other posters discussing the current squad are the ones who are being ‘precious’.

Couldn’t agree more

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Bacuse it's a completely valid concern to have, when the club has no way of addressing the shortcomings.

Getting titsy now is like complaining a game will be shite at 2pm when the teams are announced...

...oh, I've shot myself in the foot there. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here