Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As covered earlier in this very thread, Leicester offered Knockaert a new contract but he was behind RIYAD MAHREZ in the pecking order and wanted first team football, please stop perpetuating this drivel.

And just why was he behind Riyad Mahrez in the pecking order? Because Leicester realised they needed someone better and bought Riyad Mahrez to take his place perhaps? They may well have offered Knocky a contract, but only to be back-up/play second fiddle to Mahrez.

I know that Knocky had other issues, but that alone might well have been enough to make him say, 'stuff it' anyway. And from Leicester's point of view they'd replaced Knocky with a better player, and they'd 'let him go' without a fuss.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
He only played 9 times for them in one season in the PL, so I guess they were trying to protect their investment and stop him leaving for nothing as his contract was almost up.

There’s a very big difference between protecting your investment so he doesn’t leave for free and offering someone a 5 year deal.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Are we supposed to believe Alireza, Locadia, Trossard and Izquierdo came to us for peanuts then?

I am saying we will save 2.5 mill wages if Knocky goes on loan. The thread is Knocky to Fulham not "Alireza, Locadia, Trossard and Izquierdo" i actually don't give a fart about them regarding this post.

And you like me know nothing, (you may think you do) but you don't.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
There’s a very big difference between protecting your investment so he doesn’t leave for free and offering someone a 5 year deal.
Apparently it was 4 years, but the maths makes sense. Let's say 20k/week, which means £1m/year. Only need to sell him for £3/4m in the next 2 years (if he's not good enough), and you've made a profit. We've done a similar thing with Tomer Hemed this year.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I am saying we will save 2.5 mill wages if Knocky goes on loan. The thread is Knocky to Fulham not "Alireza, Locadia, Trossard and Izquierdo" i actually don't give a fart about them regarding this post.

And you like me know nothing, (you may think you do) but you don't.
Never claimed to know anything, just stating my opinion. I appreciate you’re clearly worried about the financial outlook of the club, I’m not convinced personally that saving £2.5m in wages is worth it when regarding a player than can make a difference and win us points. Many thanks for your pompous reply.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Game changer, how many of those do we actually have, strange decision by both player and club, unless he already fell out with the new management I'm at a loss to understand why we would let him leave at such a crucial time.

By the way has he actually signed for Fulham yet or not.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
And just why was he behind Riyad Mahrez in the pecking order? Because Leicester realised they needed someone better and bought Riyad Mahrez to take his place perhaps? They may well have offered Knocky a contract, but only to be back-up/play second fiddle to Mahrez.

I know that Knocky had other issues, but that alone might well have been enough to make him say, 'stuff it' anyway. And from Leicester's point of view they'd replaced Knocky with a better player, and they'd 'let him go' without a fuss.
Lol. They struck massively lucky with Mahrez, they paid £450k for him and he had had a remarkably average career up to that point, pretty sure he was rattling around in the Leicester stiffs for a year before making a first team appearance. He was a lucky punt that turned to gold, I seriously doubt he was bought to replace Knockaert.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Thanks for all the memories, particularly getting promotion. Photo by my brother-in-law, one of Knocky’s special moments. Last season Knocky scored 2 goals twice as other three wingers, also 6 assists same as other three wingers combined. Last season Knocky was our best winger.
B339ADAA-8675-4F56-8729-F37BB288124C.jpeg

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Lol. They struck massively lucky with Mahrez, they paid £450k for him and he had had a remarkably average career up to that point, pretty sure he was rattling around in the Leicester stiffs for a year before making a first team appearance. He was a lucky punt that turned to gold, I seriously doubt he was bought to replace Knockaert.

Yes and no

Yeah he had been bang average before Leicester, in fact I’m pretty sure he was only discovered because they went to look at another player.

However he did pretty much go straight into the first team squad when he arrived.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Thanks for all the memories, particularly getting promotion. Photo by my brother-in-law, one of Knocky’s special moments. Scored 2 goals twice as other three wingers, 6 assists same as other three wingers combined. Last season Knocky was our best winger.
inView attachment 113194
Yeah, but aside from that he’s got a temper and didn’t cost loads of money, so he doesn’t deserve a chance under Potter, apparently.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah, but aside from that he’s got a temper and didn’t cost loads of money, so he doesn’t deserve a chance under Potter, apparently.

Not according to Potter, no.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Great.
Honestly can’t wait for this season to start, crap squad and a manager that knows dick all about the division, going to be banging.

TSB's rubbing off on you - so to speak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here