Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It'll be a good move for him, Potter needs team leaders now, not spoilt brats! IMO

Woah! Harsh. Especially from you.

Nevertheless I am strangely unperturbed. For 15 mill.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
By serious emotional issues do you mean his brother [when younger] then father died and his wife left him with their young son?

Christ I’d hate to be part of your family unit if anything happened like that - “oh get over it, what’s the matter with all these emotional issues”

I would have thought it was more a reference to Knocky's temperament on the pitch so maybe 'serious emotional issues' is over-egging it, I could be wrong though.

el punal

What people also seem to be forgetting is that we have the mythical "full pre-season" now, which some seem to believe is able to turn crap players into world-beaters. Ali J is sure to be ON FIRE this season as a result.

As I said in my previous post - “wishful thinking”, at least it’s better than enduring the nightmare reality of the last three months of last season.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I'll only add that in today's market and with a player contracted until 2022, £15m is not enough.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It's incredible isn't it. Knockaert almost has become some sort of hate figure because of 2 reds and because he's not torn up the division. Even a worldy winner at Selhurst can't please someone.

15m is roughly the same as the likes of Locadia, Izquierdo, Ali J and Trossard. Absolutely no need to sell at that price unless Potter really thinks he's not up to it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You are seriously seeing this through a very particular lens. Can't see a single comment on here to suggest he is anything other than loved and appreciated. However, a lot of evidence suggests that if we are to kick on, we need better.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Love the way everybody assumes we're going to walk the leauge and our players are all going to turn into Messi overnight, just because we're "going to be an attacking team".

My experience of NSC is normally a pessimistic pit of despair, so this is a welcome change.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
This would be a positive move.
He's nothing better than an average winger in this league and doesn't have the mental strength to play in a poor team.
£15M kerching.
Would require a replacement.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
This is bound to happen for no reason other than me shelling out £57.50 last week, for my youngest to have the new away shirt with Knockaert’s name and number on his back :ffsparr:
He won’t be happy.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Woah! Harsh. Especially from you.

Nevertheless I am strangely unperturbed. For 15 mill.

Lol
Well as you know, when in Faversham....
Seriously it's a new era for the Albion, Potter wise, I think Knockys internal support will no longer be on the pitch.
New players wanting to prove their worth, and not wanting to be dragged down carrying emotional baggage.
Sounds harsh, but it's TB / my / our team.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
15 million? I’ll I’d say that’s bargain of the season. He’s still a very good player and I’d rather have him than AJ at the moment. Potter will know whether he fits into his plans. And if he doesn’t. Fair enough. But I’d hate to lose him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You are seriously seeing this through a very particular lens. Can't see a single comment on here to suggest he is anything other than loved and appreciated. However, a lot of evidence suggests that if we are to kick on, we need better.

We've spent £45.9m on wingers and last season I didn't see any of them as being better than Knockaert.

Yes, we need better in many positions, of course we do we've not scored more than 40pts in the Premier League yet. The question before you sell Knockaert is whether we are actually going to buy better.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This would be a positive move.
He's nothing better than an average winger in this league and doesn't have the mental strength to play in a poor team.
£15M kerching.
Would require a replacement.

You're right about a replacement. Tony can quickly nip down to the "winger who we can afford who, who come to us, who will tear up the premier league" shop and pick one up. Job done

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
We've spent £45.9m on wingers and last season I didn't see any of them as being better than Knockaert.

Yes, we need better in many positions, of course we do we've not scored more than 40pts in the Premier League yet. The question before you sell Knockaert is whether we are actually going to buy better.

THIS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here