Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Sure why not.

Throw away most of our goals and our spine along with our assists.

We already offed a capable manager so it'll just be our solidity at the back left (Dunk) to oust for a full house.

You know those times when others can express what you're feeling better than you can yourself? This post is just that. Whole-heartedly agree.

Knockaert was the one spark in our team of pretty flat individuals (not necessarily a criticism, but few create something out of nothing). I fully admit there were many games where he was anonymous, but there were games when last year where he lifted the team, especially against City in the FA Cup. Will miss him as an individual immensely, and I hope he wants this move and will still love the Albion in his heart.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Think it started with Everton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indefensible, it was right in front of me. Bournemouth was "at best" badly timed, at Everton he was trying to hurt someone.

For balance I was at Palace, right in the corner. I saw Case score that goal at Highbury, this was the only thing that has come near.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
You're going to be in for a real shock when both of them start our first game.

Won’t be shocked at all, we haven’t signed anyone in those positions yet and the new management team have only been in place for a few weeks.

I do feel reassured though that we have a management team that in time are able to take us on to the next level that won’t include championship players like Stephens and that will correctly use Murray as a useful and experienced back up.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This season has Hypia all over it, selling our best players, replacing with bargain basement and enduring watching March punting crosses to the corner flag.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Interesting that you reel off more errors from memory than our other wingers, besides March, conjured up in moments of merit the entire season.

He's made mistakes, but at least you can countenance them with at least as many assists and moments of brilliance.

I'm curious to know if your opinion is as scathing of our other wingers, who each make as many mistakes minus the red mist.
I think the more significant part of the post was the bit about Leicester. He helped them get to the PL; once there they pretty soon replaced him with Mahres (sp?) and moved him on as being not quite good enough for the PL.
Now it looks as if we're doing the same (though unfortunately not actually replacing him with Mahres).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whilst I agree with most of that, that last paragraph isn't actually true, they offered him a new deal but he rejected it due to lack of game time presumably.

Lack of game time because they'd bought someone better to replace him. A nod was obviously as good as a wink ...............................

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think the more significant part of the post was the bit about Leicester. He helped them get to the PL; once there they pretty soon replaced him with Mahres (sp?) and moved him on as being not quite good enough for the PL.
Now it looks as if we're doing the same (though unfortunately not actually replacing him with Mahres).
Except they offered him a new deal and he turned it down.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Much as I'm gutted he's going, I do 100% believe that Tony Bloom is not a schmuck...

There will be a good reason why this deal has happened. Could it be to have first dibs on a rising superstar in their academy at a bargain price, could it involve a player or two coming the other way, could it be totally Knocky's decision - and they simply thought 'If his heart isn't in it, he'll just be a bench warmer on a huge wage - let's get rid", or does he not fit into GP's plans? I'm sure if you showed a showreel of Knocky's mad moments it would scare of a fair few potential suitors, unless he was cheap - and you knew his heart would be in it for you.

The lad loves to be loved. He wants nothing more than to be a hero, a match winner, a goal scorer. In the Championship he can be this, all day long.

Just my thoughts...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Knockaert was THAT good then why didn't any other Prem clubs come in for him?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Turned down a four year deal to be closer to his family. It's the myth that keeps on giving.

He has had a tragedy in his personal life that possibly lead to his dark dark days when his father died.

Strikes me as someone who likes a refresh every now and then to help deal with other things.

I suspect he has been given the choice to move after Fulham came in, rather than being forced out.

He is an Albion Legend sorry, for one thing only.

I saw that goal live at Palarse and it will live with me for the rest of my life BECAUSE I SAW THE REACTION OF THE PALACE FANS. Utterly, utterly destroyed.

McShane doesn't count I'm afraid because it was actually an own goal.

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If Knockaert was THAT good then why didn't any other Prem clubs come in for him?

He might not be 'THAT' good but he is/was a darn sight better than some of the others.

If we want to sell (get rid off because manager does not like him) then at least get a sensible deal i.e. part of deal for Cairney or some real cash in region of £25m because he is a damn site better than Locadia and Ali J have been so far.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He might not be 'THAT' good but he is/was a darn sight better than some of the others.

If we want to sell (get rid off because manager does not like him) then at least get a sensible deal i.e. part of deal for Cairney or some real cash in region of £25m because he is a damn site better than Locadia and Ali J have been so far.

There's more to this deal than meets the eye. Personally, I'd rather have moved on Ali J than Knocky but his stats in the Prem aren't great, he's temperamental, mentally fragile, high wages, a potential red card and 28 so getting last his prime.

It's a poor price but an indication that we want to move him on. On the other hand, a million for this lad Richards could be a great bit of business. I think bringing in Maupay will bring some cheer.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I'll be sad to see him go. In the time he has been with us, no-one has had the crowd up off their seats as much as he has. I remember the buzz on the north stand concourse when he was announced in the team for the play off second leg against the massive Sheffield Wednesday. It was electric. If you go to be entertained, then he has certainly done that. I've loved having him at the club.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’d be gutted to lose Knocky. He’s our talisman with the ability to turn games still at this level. Please please keep him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here