Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So what do we do for flair now? Who do we have in our squad who is capable of frightening the opposition? I'm seriously struggling to think of anyone. Bring on the borefest.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
...Bruno no longer leading the field, and now Knocky, means our number of those who will stand out are wilting. I'd say we need our identity reforming a tad and another captain or two, beside Trossard, joining at a reasonable haste.

Besides all that waffle, Knocky you will be sorely missed.

We need leaders don't we? Leaders with flair ideally.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Dale Stephens. He loves a studs-up challenge.

Ah yes....Mr Stephens. I quite forgot about him. An asset or a liability? Hopefully a lot more of the former this year.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
So what do we do for flair now? Who do we have in our squad who is capable of frightening the opposition? I'm seriously struggling to think of anyone. Bring on the borefest.

We already were the most boring team in the league.
This season, last on MOTD every week, nailed on!!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I can't think of a way the club could have made a bigger rod for it's own back

It's very easy to imagine a situation where Knocky is firing Fulham up to about 50 points by new year, meanwhile we're sinking like stone. Izquierdo no closer to a come back, Trossard still in the "adjustment period", Ali J and Locadia producing as little as they did last season and Solly trying manfully but still unable to find the consistency of final ball.

Say what you like about Knocky's decision making, his discipline, but he has ability that nobody else in our squad has got. We're a total hostage to fortune and the club are going to get some serious flak if they haven't got a plan here.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We already were the most boring team in the league.
This season, last on MOTD every week, nailed on!!

And that's only because they're obliged to show highlights of all Premier League matches. If the BBC had a choice, they probably wouldn't be bothered with us unless we were being drubbed by one of the big 6 of course.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I think it's pretty crazy to let him go. We were DIRE in creating any attacking threat last season. Knockaert at least offers some sublime skills which not many of other players possess

Have to agree, whilst be did blow hot and cold, he was one of those players who could get bums off seats, I am not too sure how many other players in our team do that..?

Not sure about this decision, seems to me a strange one?

Is it one where the money tied up in the deal was too good to turn down?
Or, his attitude wasn’t good and the club decided to part company?

I know we have a few wingers and at some cost, but has AK been worse than AJ last season?

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Our loan Man Utd signing Wilson has joined Aberdeen now. I'm sure you were thinking of someone else though

Wilson from Liverpool...

Just out of interest can a player who has just signed for a premier club be loaned to another premier club in same window. Re...a certain Daniel James

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

It's a fair point. In addition to the "this is a terrible idea as it increases our chances of relegation" point, which is the one i've been focusing on as it's so utterly glaring, there's also the point about entertainment. I can't remember too many other players getting me out of my seat last year. Knocky is inconsistent and infuriating and doesn't always make sensible decisions, but a large percentage of the small number of bright spots amid a sea of dross from last season came from him.

The thought that the entertainment on offer may even be less than last season makes me want August not to come

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I can't think of a way the club could have made a bigger rod for it's own back

It's very easy to imagine a situation where Knocky is firing Fulham up to about 50 points by new year, meanwhile we're sinking like stone. Izquierdo no closer to a come back, Trossard still in the "adjustment period", Ali J and Locadia producing as little as they did last season and Solly trying manfully but still unable to find the consistency of final ball.

Say what you like about Knocky's decision making, his discipline, but he has ability that nobody else in our squad has got. We're a total hostage to fortune and the club are going to get some serious flak if they haven't got a plan here.

Clearly you should be managing the club instead of this guy Potter.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Do you have any evidence newer than 3.5 years old?

Irrelevant, the point was that he can be coached to play the way Potter may want to play. He obviously has the ability. I'm pretty certain that Knocky has not left because the coaching staff don't think that he has quick enough feet or a quick enough brain to play in a direct way on the break. My assumption is that he has gone because either he or the club felt he needed to: for his own personal or professional reasons.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Clearly you should be managing the club instead of this guy Potter.

Nope. No need. Just leave it to Potter with his magic wand. Who could ask for more?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Have to agree, whilst be did blow hot and cold, he was one of those players who could get bums off seats, I am not too sure how many other players in our team do that..?

Not sure about this decision, seems to me a strange one?

Is it one where the money tied up in the deal was too good to turn down?
Or, his attitude wasn’t good and the club decided to part company?

I know we have a few wingers and at some cost, but has AK been worse than AJ last season?

I would love to know how and who makes these decisions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here