Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
You could level that criticism at ALL of our attacking players with the exception of Murray. AK played better than the rest, perhaps let's start over and get rid of them all.

My thoughts exactly. People saying he wasn't good enough: He was still better than most of what we had. Perhaps they have never seen Ali J or Locadia play or have completely forgotten how injured/awful Izquierdo was last season, or how inconsistent March is.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am happy that Brian has made his mark and made his intentions/plans clear as in Knocky doesn't fit in to his future ideas for the team. As we know, he will live or die by that, but a strong, bold statement of intent it is.

Some great memories, some not so great but a good time for him to move on.
Brian?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

BP.png

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Potter saying it’s a good move for player and club as we are well covered in wide positions. I am genuinely staggered that we couldn’t/chose not to negotiate a hefty transfer fee. We seem to have just moved a player on to save wages. Maybe someone can explain the logic to me. It’s not like Fulham don’t have money. On the surface it looks like a truly dreadful bit of business.

To quote Buffalo Springfield.

There’s something going on around here, what it is ain’t exactly clear.

Maybe.....
1) Potter made it clear he won't figure regularly in his plans
2) Fulham have agreed to pay ALL his wages on loan. They have been trying to get him for a long time.
3) We have other ' irons in the fire ' and needed to free up his wages.
4) The player + agent made it clear that they would prefer regular football.
5) We want to keep options open in case of relegation. A year on, it might make more sense to bring back AK and release certain other players.

Beyond this...I can't think of any other reasons.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No, Zaha got 10 assists, Knockaert 6.

Edit: depending where you look, transfermrkt.co.uk say 10, others sites 5. So you may be correct?

Those are the official Premier League stats.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Maybe.....
1) Potter made it clear he won't figure regularly in his plans
2) Fulham have agreed to pay ALL his wages on loan. They have been trying to get him for a long time.
3) We have other ' irons in the fire ' and needed to free up his wages.
4) The player + agent made it clear that they would prefer regular football.
5) We want to keep options open in case of relegation. A year on, it might make more sense to bring back AK and release certain other players.

Beyond this...I can't think of any other reasons.

Last point: he is not coming back.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Really is, I agree!

But.

Something nagging about Potter needing a right sided wing back for when he switches to a back 3 every now and then and the Ashworth-Sessegnon (who has stalled on a contract) connection.

Sessegnon is a southpaw.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here