Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Save the Battle of Trafalgar

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
sports bar with multiple screens ( hopefully a couple outside )

Sounds EXACTLY what is needed match days around Brighton station.

Sorry to say wont be signing

image.jpeg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Shocker. Pub next to queue of 200000 people is busy.

Doesn't mean it's not dated.

I am not sure about gutting it entirely but new furniture, paint, carpet and a wider range of beers and the place would be onto a winner. Sadly they've neglected it a bit and clearly aren't pulling in the money the pubco thinks it could make.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

So every pub refurb is always a winner eh? None ever fail and end up being sold for new housing?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sadly I fear it's a done deal.

Basically, the owners wouldn't get permission to turn a valuable community asset into flats right now, so they will turn it into something no-one wants.

Then six months later, and the place is always empty, they'll say no-one wants it as a pub any more, and sell it as a residential property, getting more money that way than they would selling it as a pub.

It's how Enterprise Inns (who are property developers before they are pub owners) operate.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Haven't been in there for a while but it's always been one of my favourite Brighton boozers.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sadly I fear it's a done deal.

Basically, the owners wouldn't get permission to turn a valuable community asset into flats right now, so they will turn it into something no-one wants.

Then six months later, and the place is always empty, they'll say no-one wants it as a pub any more, and sell it as a residential property, getting more money that way than they would selling it as a pub.

It's how Enterprise Inns (who are property developers before they are pub owners) operate.

In a nutshell, and some right donuts earlier on this thread that can’t see this tried and trusted routine. It’s all about greed. Why be happy with a million when you can make £1.01m instead. And **** the community, tradition and lives it effects. Come pray at the temple of capitalist greed. Where everything is calculated and measurable. Depressing.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
In a nutshell, and some right donuts earlier on this thread that can’t see this tried and trusted routine. It’s all about greed. Why be happy with a million when you can make £1.01m instead. And **** the community, tradition and lives it effects. Come pray at the temple of capitalist greed. Where everything is calculated and measurable. Depressing.

Ring jam or custard?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here