Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation Thread - 2019/2020 Season

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sheffield United, Norwich and Newcastle are doing their best to help us out.
That’s the most likely route to survival I feel as i don’t think we’ve improved on what was a desperately thin squad last season.
As I type, no first choice right back. Three pretty average CM’s for this level. A collection of flaky wingers and a 35-year old first choice striker.
Predicting the (negative) goal difference will be fun. I’ll go -52.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I am very optimistic that GP will get more out of the team than did CH in the latter part of his reign.
A new fresh approach will re-energise and enthuse the players, especially our newer signings, who probably didn't know if they were coming or going during much of last season.
If they aren't successful under Potter, then time to move them on to pastures new.
Got to add though, that a couple more significant signings will make me even more optimistic.
Would like to see us compete at the level Bournemouth do.

P.S. Well, after TSB's posts, someone has to 'look on the bright side of life'!:clap:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am very optimistic that GP will get more out of the team than did CH in the latter part of his reign.
A new fresh approach will re-energise and enthuse the players, especially our newer signings, who probably didn't know if they were coming or going during much of last season.
If they aren't successful under Potter, then time to move them on to pastures new.
Got to add though, that a couple more significant signings will make me even more optimistic.
Would like to see us compete at the level Bournemouth do.

P.S. Well, after TSB's posts, someone has to 'look on the bright side of life'!:clap:
The youth options are also much better than 1 year ago.

- Connolly, Gyokeres, Alzate etc. - 1 year older, 1 year more experience.

- The additions of Băluţă and Mlakar.

Exciting times are just around the corner.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Norwich and Sheff United are doomed already.

Both played fairly Attacking football and will try to continue with it and will be taken apart like Fulham.

Can’t see much business done by Southampton to improve them so I’ll go for them as well

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
That’s the most likely route to survival I feel as i don’t think we’ve improved on what was a desperately thin squad last season.
As I type, no first choice right back. Three pretty average CM’s for this level. A collection of flaky wingers and a 35-year old first choice striker.

On the other hand.......
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/july/potter-reflects-on-austria-so-far/

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

What worries me is that Montoya IS first-choice right back. Maybe he can wear an earpiece during games and Bruno can tell him what to do from the dugout.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I noticed that recently.

Strange how the markets rate Newcastle as being in a better place than us, despite the loss of a great coach/tactician, Perez and Rondon (their goals).

And Big Fat Sam Allardyce turned his nose up too.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Norwich and Sheff United are doomed already.

Both played fairly Attacking football and will try to continue with it and will be taken apart like Fulham.

Can’t see much business done by Southampton to improve them so I’ll go for them as well

Those are my three too.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Newcastle.

What was their 3 biggest assets last season? Perez, Rondon and their quality manager.

All gone.

Sheff Utd

I won't pick Norwich as I think they are a bit more street wise. Sheff Utd's attacking centre backs may well be their downfall in the prem.

Palace(if they lose Zaha)

Says it all really

Now watch as I get all 3 wrong :lolol:

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Lower mid table. Rarely optimistic but I'm feeling a strong 14th place finish.

What we'll lose for not playing 4 wing backs in each game we'll make up for with attacking gusto and where I worry for Stephens place in the team I'm reassured by the likes of Baluta* (spelling?) and other hungry players.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Plenty of people on this thread who’s “ support” would not be missed if they buggered off.

Wouldn't go that far.

I don't agree with the doom and gloom of some people on here but it's obvious they care, like we all do, about the club. Their support is just as valuable as anyone else's.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
As it stands -

18.Harder to call but Sheff United
19.BHA
20.Newcastle

Fully expect Bruce to bring in enough to keep them up if he gets appointed though. Hopefully we do the same

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We are at the same place managerial wise as the 3 promoted sides, managers with little or no experience of Premier league football. Villa, Norwich, Sheffield United also have little Premier league experience throughout their respective squads. We have, however poor they have been, a squad littered with players with at least a few games, some like Duffy, Dunk have over 30 games experience. This must help a little in my opinion so with this knowledge I think we may perform, points wise similar to last season albeit with a more attacking performances. We will score more goals but could get some absolute thrashings. (BOURNEMOUTH?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here