Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Cracked iPhone screen repair

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I dropped my iPhone, resulting in a partly cracked screen. The phone itself works fine.

Any recommendations please, of someone able to replace the screen (in Brighton or Hove only)?

(Not claiming through home insurance this time ... this led to huge loadings on the premium at subsequent renewals).

D

Deleted member 2719

I dropped my iPhone, resulting in a partly cracked screen. The phone itself works fine.

Any recommendations please, of someone able to replace the screen (in Brighton or Hove only)?

(Not claiming through home insurance this time ... this led to huge loadings on the premium at subsequent renewals).

Serious recommendation, ditch iPhones their screens are pathetic for a so-called top of the market product. They are not fit for purpose IMO.

In Chichester it's £50, I am sure there are lots doing it in Brighton.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

I use macman to maintain all of our apple products at work and there is a bloke in there called Dwight who fixes iPhones. They replaced the screen on my iPhone 8 the other day, prices are on their website https://www.macman.co.uk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I use macman to maintain all of our apple products at work and there is a bloke in there called Dwight who fixes iPhones. They replaced the screen on my iPhone 8 the other day, prices are on their website https://www.macman.co.uk

Cheers. I know where Quebec Street is.

Can they replace the screen whilst you wait?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is a shop opposite Aldi in London Rd who say to leave it go for coffee and it will be done when you get back. same with an I phone battery which is £20 not sure how much the screen is.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Will depend on which iPhone. £50 is for a 4/5 era iPhone to just under £400 for the X generation.

Mind you, who has an X generation iPhone without accidental damage cover!?.?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Will depend on which iPhone. £50 is for a 4/5 era iPhone to just under £400 for the X generation.

Mind you, who has an X generation iPhone without accidental damage cover!?.?

In the early years of iPhones, shops such as O2 and Carphone Warehouse charged upwards from £175 for a replacement screen. It seemed like a rip off and was.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Another recommendation for macman in Brighton. Did a good repair job for me on an iPad mini screen a few years ago. Obviously doing well as they’ve taken on a couple of new locations since then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here