21 6.71%

16 5.11%

7 2.24%

3 0.96%

4 1.28%
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Higher than itís been for a couple of years, Iím really excited about the future. Weíve got some brilliant people in charge who I have absolute faith in. The fact that they are prepared to make brutal and in some places unpopular but needed changes like sacking Hughton and moving AK on gives me great confidence that they will continue to do whatís best for the overall good of the club.

Iíve said for a long time weíve got some quality players in the squad that have not been coached or managed effectively enough so I fully believe there is more to come from them under our new coaches. Add in some very exciting youngsters, a couple more of the old guard moved on and hopefully a couple more signings and I think weíre in a great place. Canít wait for the season to start.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Higher than it’s been for a couple of years, I’m really excited about the future. We’ve got some brilliant people in charge who I have absolute faith in. The fact that they are prepared to make brutal and in some places unpopular but needed changes like sacking Hughton and moving AK on gives me great confidence that they will continue to do what’s best for the overall good of the club.

I’ve said for a long time we’ve got some quality players in the squad that have not been coached or managed effectively enough so I fully believe there is more to come from them under our new coaches. Add in some very exciting youngsters, a couple more of the old guard moved on and hopefully a couple more signings and I think we’re in a great place. Can’t wait for the season to start.
      I'll have whatever you're having.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*
      WEST STAND ANDY

0 Not allowed!
      Starting to get a bit concerned. Under 3 weeks to the season and only effectively three signings coming in :

Hemed - new 1 year deal (no sign of anyone coming in to buy him so is GP going to use him?)
      Clarke - good potential centre half, but still likely to warm the bench more often than not.
      Trossard - an unproven winger with a similar record to Ali J but very lightweight and from what I saw of him yesterday, way off being in 1st team contention - another one for the future.

Underwhelmed would be an understatement especially with Knockaert going - he may have been a bit of a liability at times, but he could also change a game and has plenty of Prem experience unlike Trossard.

Hope that Santa delivers some new signings early this year.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by southstandandy View Post
      Starting to get a bit concerned. Under 3 weeks to the season and only effectively three signings coming in :

Hemed - new 1 year deal (no sign of anyone coming in to buy him so is GP going to use him?)
      Clarke - good potential centre half, but still likely to warm the bench more often than not.
      Trossard - an unproven winger with a similar record to Ali J but very lightweight and from what I saw of him yesterday, way off being in 1st team contention - another one for the future.

Underwhelmed would be an understatement especially with Knockaert going - he may have been a bit of a liability at times, but he could also change a game and has plenty of Prem experience unlike Trossard.

The transfer window in most of Europe closes at the end of August.

We have plenty of time to sell Hemed to Spain ( or Suttner to Germany etc. etc. )

So no need to worry about no buyers just yet...
      Out of contract June 2021 : Walton, Izquierdo, Welbeck, Murray
      Members

0 Not allowed!

Surely Trossard is not one for the future??, I was hoping he was immediate first 11 player, I’m seriously underwhelmed with the lack of shakeup in the squad so fully expecting a real battle to avoid relegation with basically the same team as last season
      WEST STAND ANDY

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by durrington gull View Post
      Surely Trossard is not one for the future??, I was hoping he was immediate first 11 player, I’m seriously underwhelmed with the lack of shakeup in the squad so fully expecting a real battle to avoid relegation with basically the same team as last season
      I would hope not too, but did you see him yesterday? Completely marked out of the game in the 2nd half he was on for and when he did have the ball he was barged off it like a schoolboy.

0 Not allowed!
      Mojo has dropped a lot today. I knew Knockaert was going but now itís official it has hit home. What a ****ing stupid decision.
      Was at the match yesterday. Knockaert was by far and away the most common name on the back of fans shirts.
      Know he wasnít there but spent most of the second half wishing he could come on. He is the only player we had that could unlock a defence in a game like yesterdayís.

1 Not allowed!
      I would hope not too, but did you see him yesterday? Completely marked out of the game in the 2nd half he was on for and when he did have the ball he was barged off it like a schoolboy.
      Not at the game yesterday so these type of comments worry me. We currently have more heads of recruitment than goalscoring strikers at the moment and still appear to have a distinct lack of ability to spot good players
      WEST STAND ANDY

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by fosters headband View Post
      Not at the game yesterday so these type of comments worry me. We currently have more heads of recruitment than goalscoring strikers at the moment and still appear to have a distinct lack of ability to spot good players
      In his defence he did only play 1 half of the game but to me he made Ali J's efforts last season look like Lionel Messi. There must be more experienced players the club are looking at so hopefully the 3 players needed (or maybe now 4 with AK's departure) will be a real step up in class. Lets hope so.
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      Higher than it’s been for a couple of years, I’m really excited about the future. We’ve got some brilliant people in charge who I have absolute faith in. The fact that they are prepared to make brutal and in some places unpopular but needed changes like sacking Hughton and moving AK on gives me great confidence that they will continue to do what’s best for the overall good of the club.

I’ve said for a long time we’ve got some quality players in the squad that have not been coached or managed effectively enough so I fully believe there is more to come from them under our new coaches. Add in some very exciting youngsters, a couple more of the old guard moved on and hopefully a couple more signings and I think we’re in a great place. Can’t wait for the season to start.
      I can't read that without picturing you as Lieutenant George in Blackadder goes Forth