Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where is your Albion Mojo today?

Where is your Albion Mojo today

• Total voters

boik

I think anyone that is expecting us to splash £50m & 100k pw is ignoring the destabilising effect these sort of signings tend to have upon teams and squads. Can't think off the top of my head of anyone who has doubled their current averages and it's gone well. c.f. Benteke, J Hernandez etc. Happy to be corrected though. Maybe Wolves counts?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Felt strangely subdued before the start of last season.
As the season wore on my mojo got steadily worse. I found myself going because I’d already paid, not because I wanted to.
I can count the number of games I enjoyed, or even looked forward to going to, on the fingers of one hand.
Can’t see enough changes to suggest that this season will be any different in all honesty.
I sincerely hope I’m wrong and I can actually look forward to going to games again.

We’ll see.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I'm kind of where I've been since the CH sacking... which was ill timed and mis-managed imho. So that's around 3-4, with the appointment of GP not really influencing how I feel either way. For whatever reason, I can't shake the feeling that we're going to have an awful, dismal and borderline embarrassing season. I feel it in my waters as they say. Something just doesn't feel right, what it is I can't quite fathom? . . . I feel like I'm wearing someone else's shoes and they don't quite fit...

Yep - things feel off.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We just can’t seem to make the right signings. Still haven’t signed a player with PL experience that knows the drill so to speak. Barber rumbles on about the transfer fees and gifts Fulham our best game changing player :shrug:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A defeat followed by loaning/selling one of our most exciting players and us signing two unknown quantities has me a little concerned.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think anyone that is expecting us to splash £50m & 100k pw is ignoring the destabilising effect these sort of signings tend to have upon teams and squads. Can't think off the top of my head of anyone who has doubled their current averages and it's gone well. c.f. Benteke, J Hernandez etc. Happy to be corrected though. Maybe Wolves counts?

You have to consider the other side of the coin though, and look at what happens to the teams that don't spend enough to compete. Burnley are a wonderful exception, but who doesn't think "it's a matter of time". Huddersfield and Cardiff didn't spend BIG last year, choosing to keep it financially tight.

Not saying we should spend fortunes and gamble our future, but if we don't we MUST set reasonable expectations, and on our spends and budgets, the best we can do is scrap and scrape our way to survival, just about. But we've made a move at the end of the season to say we expect more than that. I just don't see the two marrying up.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Felt strangely subdued before the start of last season.
As the season wore on my mojo got steadily worse. I found myself going because I’d already paid, not because I wanted to.
I can count the number of games I enjoyed, or even looked forward to going to, on the fingers of one hand.
Can’t see enough changes to suggest that this season will be any different in all honesty.
I sincerely hope I’m wrong and I can actually look forward to going to games again.

We’ll see.

Chin up mucker, could be back at withdean in the pissing rain, watching David Cameron fall over his own feet or pinning our hopes on Chris Holroyd coming good, instead we are looking forward to Locadia falling over his own feet and pinning our hopes on Ali J coming good, but the seats are miles better for doing so :lol:

Come on, admit it, you feel much better now!

boik

You have to consider the other side of the coin though, and look at what happens to the teams that don't spend enough to compete. Burnley are a wonderful exception, but who doesn't think "it's a matter of time". Huddersfield and Cardiff didn't spend BIG last year, choosing to keep it financially tight.

Not saying we should spend fortunes and gamble our future, but if we don't we MUST set reasonable expectations, and on our spends and budgets, the best we can do is scrap and scrape our way to survival, just about. But we've made a move at the end of the season to say we expect more than that. I just don't see the two marrying up.

Absolutely. I think we mgiht spend in the £20-25m bracket, but not double our highest, and I think that's the right approach. Whether we can get someone for that price that will please the masses - we shall see.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Still low, not looking forward to the new season at all. I think if we had kept CH on I may feel a bit more confident as I think he would have sorted out the issues over the summer that were there at the end of last season. I am not dismissing GP but I don't have a scooby doo about how he will make the current crop of players better. Obviously I hope he does well.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
How is everyone's Mojo if by the end of the week we have no sign of more signings, but Dunk is heading to Leicester for £50m?

Big 3 weeks to the window shutting.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Gone down to a 3 for me after :

a) losing Knockeart
b) watching one of our new signings look woeful at Aldershot. Hopefully other Prem teams won't bully Trossard off the ball, which Fulham did repeatedly on Saturday
c) no further rumours of the three or maybe now four signings most on here want or are hoping for.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
today its dipped to a 4 with nagging concerns we are going to be humiliated Derby fashion.

Couple of signings from being a 7 though

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Gone down to a 3 for me after :

a) losing Knockeart
b) watching one of our new signings look woeful at Aldershot. Hopefully other Prem teams won't bully Trossard off the ball, which Fulham did repeatedly on Saturday
c) no further rumours of the three or maybe now four signings most on here want or are hoping for.

Sums it up for me. Don't think we are stronger now than at the end of the season and the few pre season friendlies haven't helped. I know they're not a great barometer, but I expected a bit more Potterball and something to make me sit up and take note. The 2 I did see were Z-fests.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
3 or 4 at the moment. To many 'possibles' at the moment and AK being loaned to Fulham hasn't improved my mood.

I'd hoped that, removing CH and appointing GP relatively quickly would mean that we were ready to act with similar decisiveness on transfers and get players in promptly to integrate with the squad. As it is, we have a couple of 'could be's' rather than a couple of players ready to step directly into the first team. Which was, I think, what the majority felt we desperately needed at the end of last season.

Next couple of weeks are crucial in terms of recruitment. However good a coach GP is, without an injection of quality, I fear the season will be long and difficult.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
4 currently, but that would soar with 2 or 3 good signings - especially as others like Newcastle look likely to be in the mix now.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
All the noise out of the club has been so far that GP is expected to get the best out of the sorry bunch of last seasons dud signings so in all honesty I’m not expecting much more transfer activity- basically if that’s the case then GP is being setup for a fall and near certain relegation , let’s hope I’m wrong but as it stands it’s looking pretty bleak

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
6/7 ish

even if we get tonked at Watford

I'm all for giving the fella a chance

Rome wasn't built in a day and all that

Defo needed a change though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here