Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Unfortunately not

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Wilson's tackle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you for that warning, but I can't help feeling that you might be exaggerating for comedic purposes.
    " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
    The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      Unfortunately not
      Really? Christ, what a world this is. It's amazing the stuff I miss, not being on twatter, instragram, snapchat, Friends Reunited or Grindr. I don't watch ITV or read working class 'newspapers' either. If all of that is what constitutes being in the modern groove, I'm glad I don't have the schmeckles.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA
      It's only them that aren't their targets that love the violent and the madmen
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLijS6Cstk
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      A loan out must be imminent.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      A loan out must be imminent.
      Not room in the 25 man squad now.
      Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Gotta be heading out, Shirley!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We will rise again at Falmer... like a phoenix from the ashes of the Goldstone RIP...

2 Not allowed!
      I liked Tomer, I liked his work ethic, his commitment, his bravery, his loyalty. But he just lacked a degree of strikers instinct. Yes, you could work on his pace over 15 metres, and he was fairly good. Yes, you could work on his lift, and his back to goal strength etc, and he was pretty good. But however hard they must have tried to work on his positional instinct and speed of thought, it just didn’t improve him. He was usually ‘nearly’ there, but just not quite. Visualise the ball fizzed low across the box between last defender and advancing keeper, and you just need your man to slide in and bundle it over the line. For me he was always just a couple of yards behind where he really needed to be, to cause consistent damage at top level. Examples of being able to teach that instinct must be fairly rare. Will be sad to see him go, because he had just as much professional bite as the likes of Calderon, Bruno, Knocky etc, but he just fell short on instinct in the top two tiers of English footie. My father was a professional striker, and my brother a semi-professional winger, and I often spoke to them about instinct. Needless to say, I didn’t get that high in the game. I did once score a winning goal in a televised game, I did score a perfect hat-trick on a premier league ground in a friendly game, and I did once nutmeg an Italian full international in a pro-celeb game, but nothing more. Go on people, have a field day....
      seagull wedgee
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by seagullwedgee View Post
      Go on people, have a field day....
      You're basically that geezer sat in the pub by himself just telling made up stories to anyone that goes to order a drink, aren't you?
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I liked Tomer, I liked his work ethic, his commitment, his bravery, his loyalty. But he just lacked a degree of strikers instinct. Yes, you could work on his pace over 15 metres, and he was fairly good. Yes, you could work on his lift, and his back to goal strength etc, and he was pretty good. But however hard they must have tried to work on his positional instinct and speed of thought, it just didn’t improve him. He was usually ‘nearly’ there, but just not quite. Visualise the ball fizzed low across the box between last defender and advancing keeper, and you just need your man to slide in and bundle it over the line. For me he was always just a couple of yards behind where he really needed to be, to cause consistent damage at top level. Examples of being able to teach that instinct must be fairly rare. Will be sad to see him go, because he had just as much professional bite as the likes of Calderon, Bruno, Knocky etc, but he just fell short on instinct in the top two tiers of English footie. My father was a professional striker, and my brother a semi-professional winger, and I often spoke to them about instinct. Needless to say, I didn’t get that high in the game. I did once score a winning goal in a televised game, I did score a perfect hat-trick on a premier league ground in a friendly game, and I did once nutmeg an Italian full international in a pro-celeb game, but nothing more. Go on people, have a field day....
      Are you Paulo Rossi ?

0 Not allowed!
      How come you were playing in a pro-celeb game? So you’re minted and a celeb - can we be friends?
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, that’s it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
      May 2016

1 Not allowed!
      I'm glad I have the same opinion as such a decorated talent.