Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which Albion player is going to be this year’s main scapegoat?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Bad news = Barber.

Maybe but I reckon the move had something to do with Knocky hasn't IT? I can't believe he was pushed, at the VERY most Potter could not guarantee a first team start and Knocky thought he may get more chance at Fulham.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe but I reckon the move had something to do with Knocky hasn't IT? I can't believe he was pushed, at the VERY most Potter could not guarantee a first team start and Knocky thought he may get more chance at Fulham.

I’d be more surprised if Potter can guarantee anyone a first team spot, after 2-3 weeks into pre-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’d be more surprised if Potter can guarantee anyone a first team spot, after 2-3 weeks into pre-season.

Maybe having spent x months doing his homework and after listening to the opinions of the board when this deal was first mooted Potter hadn't seen enough from AK to make him think he's worth keeping.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe having spent x months doing his homework and after listening to the opinions of the board when this deal was first mooted Potter hadn't seen enough from AK to make him think he's worth keeping.

Opinions of the board?
Are you insinuating he’s been instructed?

Hadn’t seen enough........ in 2-3 weeks?

Sorry videos do not pick up all nuances of a football match for or individuals performance, and I am sure Potter would not have based his judgment like that......

It’s like YouTube videos [emoji6], all very nice but really you need to see players in the flesh....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Opinions of the board?
Are you insinuating he’s been instructed?

Hadn’t seen enough........ in 2-3 weeks?

Sorry videos do not pick up all nuances of a football match for or individuals performance, and I am sure Potter would not have based his judgment like that......

It’s like YouTube videos [emoji6], all very nice but really you need to see players in the flesh....

The board would/should have said words to the effect of:-

'We've got this deal, is it a goer or not?'

Assuming they did, Potter obviously said

'Yep he can go, he's surplus'.

I guess in the interview stage the board could have said:-

'We're attempting to offload AK, or, AK would like to leave, so don't plan around him'.

But whichever way you slice it, he's been allowed to leave the club, by the people running the club and the team.
I'm finding how this decision can cause so much pearl clutching and swooning to the floor somewhat baffling.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

'We're attempting to offload AK, or, AK would like to leave, so don't plan around him'.

But whichever way you slice it, he's been allowed to leave the club, by the people running the club and the team.
I'm finding how this decision can cause so much pearl clutching and swooning to the floor somewhat baffling.

Sorry IMO the club are wrong and this is a mistake, (regardless if AJ or Locadia are world beaters).

Firstly, if Potter feels he can make a judgement in such a short space of time, I’m surprised. Perhaps he’s a ‘yes’ man.

Could it be an Ashworth decision, and your scenario 2 applies?

But yes, sadly we have to move on, same with the Hughton sacking, didn’t agree with it, but won’t support the club any less..... just disappointed.

Looking forward to seeing some new signings soon...... Tuesday wasn’t it? [emoji2]

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Percy Tau for not scoring at least a hat trick every time he turned out for South Africa.
Completely misleading us so that he can be off loaded to Gent, who he has supported from his boyhood days...............

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hopefully not, but looking like we are going to rely on same squad that was outplayed in most games last season plus now playing youngsters. If this goes wrong I can see for first time Bloom getting stick.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Hopefully not, but looking like we are going to rely on same squad that was outplayed in most games last season plus now playing youngsters. If this goes wrong I can see for first time Bloom getting stick.

Christ now people are getting carried away. Bloom getting stick... they are not Albion fans if that's the case

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes, this is a huge opportunity for Ali J to claim and nail down a starting berth and really show what he's about, but the barracking if he fails to do this won't take long to arrive if he's not producing and we're losing. Replacing a fan favourite is hard.

If Iranian Ali doesn’t hit the ground running then he is properly fecked. He’ll get it for being shit and for taking AK’s place. No win unless he starts to deliver...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't think we've bought this season's scapegoat yet.

I imagine PB is already penning an e-mail explaining how difficult it is to find decent scapegoats without breaking our wage limits in the current financial situation.......................

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
A rather left-field suggestion, but I reckon Ashworth will be the man of the hour when it comes to scapegoats this season. Already seen people laying in to him on Twitter

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Scapegoat is usually one of the following:

The owner
The manager
The goalkeeper
Old players (because they are not 'new' which equals 'good' in yuppie society)
Strikers who dont score

I think if things go bad for you, people will point towards Bloom & Potter, but also a legend with questionable ability like Dale Stephens could be a target since he is past 30, doesnt have a cool foreign name and generally seems like a pretty boring footballer with no obvious, in-your-face skills.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I think a poor last 2 months gave a false impression that Davy Propper isn't our best player. Hopefully he goes back to his form of the beginning of last season and adds a few more goals and assists to his name

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Every player has his price. We all accept that. Knocky's seems to be zero for now, with either £4m or maybe £10+ in a year. Does nothing to help with the purchase of "expensive" players in this window. That fact allied to the facts that he was statistically the most creative player last season, and one who seemed to really care about the club are the reasons many on here including myself are pi**ed off. If it doesn't bother you, fair enough, no need to mock those who do as hand-wringing simpletons with no grasp of reality

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Every player has his price. We all accept that. Knocky's seems to be zero for now, with either £4m or maybe £10+ in a year. Does nothing to help with the purchase of "expensive" players in this window. That fact allied to the facts that he was statistically the most creative player last season, and one who seemed to really care about the club are the reasons many on here including myself are pi**ed off. If it doesn't bother you, fair enough, no need to mock those who do as hand-wringing simpletons with no grasp of reality

Blimey I've done a lot of mocking of the pearl clutches over this, but I thought that was one of my more reasonable posts. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here